Join TexasGunTalk

6.5 Creedmor Gas Gun Build

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Big Green, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Big Green

Big Green Active Member

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    So I bought a Ballistic Advantage premium barrel on sale the other week and am gonna build it with the hopes of spending some time with the Texas Precision Matches guys at Cawthon Cartridge Club over in Navasota.

Barrel is 22" BA premium barrel with .936 gas block seat. Ordered a gray Magpul PRS, Raptor LT ambi charging handle, will be going with Parallax Tactical 17.5" rail, Superlative adjustable gas block and upper and lower are PSA. Still need to decide on grip, trigger and BCG.

Not the most high end build but shoot get me competitive and let me know if I want to pursue it further.

2. FireInTheWire

FireInTheWire Fall is over. Hello winter TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2018
    Big Country
    I want to go to one of those matches SO bad! I wanna go watch and see what it's like. It's on my calendar soon....

3. Big Green

Big Green Active Member

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Their website seems pretty welcoming to newcomers. In addition to a few other things they mention to come out and watch and to bring your rifle with you. Watch a while then go shoot and that they are always willing to bring new folks into the fold. It sounds good, I guess I'll see when I make it out that way, hopefully the June match.

4. Big Green

Big Green Active Member

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Anyone else built a 6.5CM gas gun?

5. FireInTheWire

FireInTheWire Fall is over. Hello winter TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2018
    Big Country
    Yeah they seem very open to new folks. That's a 382mi one way trip for me. So I would have to make a whole weekend of it. It's not an easy task with little ones. We're like a traveling circus...

6. ed308

ed308 Well-Known

Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I built one. All Aero parts except the barrel, GB (Odin), grips (Ergo) and stock (Magpul PRS). Used a rifle length gas system with rifle buffer. Runs perfect.

BA barrels are accurate. I was just looking at a 22" SS BA barrel a few minutes ago. On sale for $259. It will make for a heavy build but should be very accurate. Make sure you get the HP bolt. The firing pin hole is smaller.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  7. Big Green

Big Green Active Member

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Yeah, BCG and bolt I'm undecided about. Who did you go with and why?

8. ed308

ed308 Well-Known

Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
  9. Big Green

Big Green Active Member

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Looks good, I'm gonna look a little more into that one.

Also, was gonna use a PSA set I had but I've had non-buyers remorse after missing out on the sale Primary Arms had the other week on the Aero M5 set, so I've decided to go that route instead. The BCG should go nicely with their receivers.

Magpul PRS stock came in the other day and I really like the gray, first time I'd actually seen it in person.

10. ed308

ed308 Well-Known

Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Watch Aero's website. They run sales constantly and put everything on sale. Also, look at their blemish items. I went with the FDE for color with black grips and stock. Switched out the STR stock for a PRS. 6.5 Creedmoor AR.jpg