• ...and so much more!
  • BillW

North Ft Worth FFL
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Haslet,TX
    Anyone in the DFW area running or building a 6.5 Grendel ? Just received my upper and have completed my first but have yet to shoot it. Too darn cold for punching paper for me yesterday, may make it out today.
    Target Sports

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    After you shoot it let me know what you think been debating buying/building one also how much is ammo and how hard to find is it

BillW

North Ft Worth FFL
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Haslet,TX
    Cabelas has Wolf 123 gr SP for 14.99, it's not the best but it will serve for break in purposes. I'm going to order some Lapua Scenars from A.A., I have heard several recommendations for the Wolf MPT as well. Prices range from $13-$30 a box depending on load and where you buy. Here are a couple pics.
    DSC00233.gif

DSC00234.gif

BillW

North Ft Worth FFL
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Haslet,TX
    I cheated and bought a preassembled from J&T for my first 6.5 and built the lower. May build the next one. This is 20", may try one in 24".

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Local guy loves his 6.5 Grendel upper. It has done sub-MOA out of his HBAR AR with hand loads. I'll get his recipe for you, but I know he is using Varget powder.

BillW

North Ft Worth FFL
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Haslet,TX
    Thanks Texas1911, that would be great. Also, ask him what barrel he's shooting if you don't mind.
    I'll have to get an updated pic, pulled the plastic handguards and changed to a free float tube. I can't seem to warm up to the plastic guards. Looks like a great range weekend weatherwise. I think I smell burnt gun powder.

byronw999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Grand Prairie, Texas USA!
    Congratson the new build... J&T has some good stuff...Just finished a J&T10.5" SBR build that is a real sweet shooter... Wanting to try different calibers myself now but everyone is out of everything and months of BO...:mad:

BillW

North Ft Worth FFL
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Haslet,TX
    Got it to the range yesterday but because of trying to break in the barrel properly and limited time I didn't get to try for any accuracy tests just yet. Rifle functioned excellent, no problems with rifle or mags so thats a good start.

Top Bottom