• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    SPC I was the original 6.8 chamber that Remington screwed up the numbers on the specs sheet submitted to SAAMI. SPC I barrels handicapped the 6.8 due to pressure problems with hot ammo or loads. The SPC II barrels was designed with a slightly different chamber that keeps the pressure from spiking. Think of it like the .223 chamber and the 5.56/Nato chamber. The SPC II chamber can handle the higher pressure just like the Nato chamber can handle higher pressures compared to the .223 chamber. The SPC I chamber is like the .223 chamber. Harrison Beane at ARP played a big role in designing the new chamber design.

Almost every barrel sold today will be either a SPC II chamber or something slightly different that goes even further on the chamber design. ARP, Wilson, Noveske and some other companies sell chambers that slightly improved compared to the SPC II. The important thing to remember, all of the improved chambers mentioned plus the SPC II chambers can shoot any factory ammo plus hotter reloads. SPC I can only shoot factory ammo since all factory 6.8 ammo has pressures low enough to be fired in a SPC I barrel. A SPC I barrel can be reamed to the SPC II chamber. There's currently no SPC II factory ammo sold. SSA was the last company to sell it until they were bought out by Nosler several years ago. Federal's XM68 90 gr Gold Dots are close. Cavity Back Bullets plans to introduce factory SPC II ammo at some point in the future.

Your Razor back will likely perform best with Federal XM68 ammo. At least mine does.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    what's the difference in guns? Can the razorback shoot SPC II?

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    The SPC II has a slightly longer chamber vs the SPC I. The razorback most definitely has an SPC II chamber and can easily handle ammo loaded to hotter specs. It's a FACT that the naysayers who dismiss the 6.8 believe that the Army did a good job in its tests and found that the 6.8 was no good. The Army AND Remington screwed the pooch and the ammo that was tested was not at all representative of what the cartridge can do. The grendel folks just do NOT want to hear this.

FWIW, Sec. James Mattis happens to be a big supporter of the 6.8SPC cartridge and we'll just see what happens down the line . . .

Last edited:

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    BTW Rman, saw where LWRC responded to your post in the 6.8 Forum with a price for the repair. I forgot they monitored that forum. At the price they offered, I would let them professionally fix your Razorback.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    BTW Rman, saw where LWRC responded to your post in the 6.8 Forum with a price for the repair. I forgot they monitored that forum. At the price they offered, I would let them professionally fix your Razorback.
    just replied. The guy they referenced, Rodney, is the tech guy I have been emailing, he quoted me a total of $35. Seems now they are walking it up to $70+ shipping. Still better than the $150h shipping the other guy quoted me.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom