• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I hope I'm not too far off the subject, but I work with a guy that has a RX7 with a turbo SBC in it that runs pretty good.

Cool! My good friend has a FD (mid 90's) RX7 with a mildly built LS1 in it. I believe it dyno'd something like 430whp. Fun car to say the least. Even crazier than that, the same friend has a S13 ('89 I think) 240sx that is completely gutted, built, big cam LS1, and lightened wherever possible. The car put down 460whp n/a, though the intake was stock so there was another 20-30+whp there. The sweet thing, the car WITH the LS1 weighed 2455lbs wet! ;) That thing is stupid fast.

Here are a couple of vids of my friend's 240sx:

More of the car:
    http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/fo...ID=bae97644b20cb4c33612274302d14447&topic=7.0

It looks like a beater to most people, but the thing runs like the proverbial raped ape. ;)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Aaron's LS1 S13 sounds freaking good too.

Yep, his friend made him a set of custom equal length tubular headers, which is the primary reason it sounds so good. None of that lumpy, crappy, normal v8 sound that sounds like it's a beater 80's Chevy truck with holes in the exhaust or something. ;) Oh yeah, and the 290 or 300 degree (forget which but, it's BIG) cam also helps out. lol

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yep, his friend made him a set of custom equal length tubular headers, which is the primary reason it sounds so good. None of that lumpy, crappy, normal v8 sound that sounds like it's a beater 80's Chevy truck with holes in the exhaust or something. ;) Oh yeah, and the 290 or 300 degree (forget which but, it's BIG) cam also helps out. lol

Yeah, I think it's easy for us to lose sight of a beautiful V8 sound when every other truck has boomer tips and other cheap crap. A good muffler and a well designed exhaust makes a V8 sound awesome.

The 3v and 4v Mustangs sound good too. The 2vs have a tendency to sound kinda hollow, but I've heard some aftermarket stuff on them that makes them sound real sharp.

Top Bottom