Gun Zone Deals

6 states file constitutional carry bills for 2021 Legislation.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Please tell me what threats were made. I do not remember the guy calling Bonnen out for being a douche nozzle making any threats. The entire thing was caught on LE body cam and there were no threats. Bonnen simply made that up

Doesnt matter if its true or not, It still caused them to ditch the bill.
    Target Sports

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Doesnt matter if its true or not, It still caused them to ditch the bill.
    Seriously? You repeat a MSM fucking lie as if it is the gospel, get called on it and say that^^^^^^^^^.

Seriously? For Real? You have to be shitting me. No one is really this obtuse.

Pancho “the cokeman” Neveraz was never letting that bill out.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    It would have passed last year if it had not of been some asshole showing up at the home of the speaker of the house.

We still have red control of house, senate and governor. Abbot said he would sign it if it makes it to his desk.
    You should learn some more about that interaction before you let your mouth run about it.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    You should learn some more about that interaction before you let your mouth run about it.

So your saying you believe it would not have passed, even if that guy didn’t do whatever it was he did, or is accused of doing?

I fully admit that I don’t know the entire story of what that gentleman did or is accused of doing. However, I do believe it would have passed, and don’t fully believe that it would not have passed even if he didn’t do what is being reported.

We will see what happens this year though. I do believe it will pass. I maybe wrong. But we won’t know till the end of this legislative period.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    So your saying you believe it would not have passed, even if that guy didn’t do whatever it was he did, or is accused of doing?

I fully admit that I don’t know the entire story of what that gentleman did or is accused of doing. However, I do believe it would have passed, and don’t fully believe that it would not have passed even if he didn’t do what is being reported.

We will see what happens this year though. I do believe it will pass. I maybe wrong. But we won’t know till the end of this legislative period.
    Of course it wouldn't have. Do you know anything about the loser who chaired the committee the bill was in? He just picked a handy excuse. He never would have let it get out of committee.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

It was never going to be voted on because it was never coming out of committee. The new speaker this year has said he plans to nominate some Democrats as committee chairs this year too. If a Dem is in charge of that particular committee, all the gun bills are dead this year too.

It's a convenient way for the Rino's to say they're for the gun bills but know they never have to actually vote on one.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It was never going to be voted on because it was never coming out of committee. The new speaker this year has said he plans to nominate some Democrats as committee chairs this year too. If a Dem is in charge of that particular committee, all the gun bills are dead this year too.

It's a convenient way for the Rino's to say they're for the gun bills but know they never have to actually vote on one.
    This is why people are fed up with the GOPe. There are absolutely zero reasons to appoint a communist to chair any committee if you hold the legislature. They would never reciprocate the gesture.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Add South Carolina.... Total of 9 states considering Constitutional carry this year.

So the list is....

Indiana,
    Utah,
    Tennessee,
    Montana, (passed Committee, going to the house floor next month)
    Texas,
    South Carolina,
    Florida,
    Alabama,
    Georgia.

Currently 16 states of constitutional carry, if all 9 states pass it, it will give us 25 states, so half our country will be. Hopefully.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Add South Carolina.... Total of 9 states considering Constitutional carry this year.

So the list is....

Indiana,
    Utah,
    Tennessee,
    Montana, (passed Committee, going to the house floor next month)
    Texas,
    South Carolina,
    Florida,
    Alabama,
    Georgia.

Currently 16 states of constitutional carry, if all 9 states pass it, it will give us 25 states, so half our country will be. Hopefully.
    Assuming it actually passes in all nine, and only until D.C., Puerto Rico, and Guam get statehood...

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Based on the legislators performance in the last session I'd say zero. After all, they found it more important to pass a bill legalizing hunting hogs from hot air balloons than more meaningful legislation.

Well on a more positive note, the lass legislative session passed more pro-gun bills then in any other session. Many of which should have been on the books years ago, but all were good to have passed.

I will give you 2 examples of good ones that passed.
    1. HOA’s in Texas can no longer have restrictions on you possessing guns, or carrying guns or any other gun restrictions whatsoever.
    2. Those who lease places to live, such as apartments, condos or houses, May no longer have rules or restrictions on owning possessing or carrying of guns on the property either.

If memory serves correctly, I think the count was 9 pro gun bills passed in 2019.

This las election did not change up the makeup of our house or senate to any great deal. Thus we should be able to pass quite. Few more pro-gun bills this year as well. Which ones though, who knows. Hopefully constitutional carry. Even if it doesn’t pass, there are many others that will still be good to get passed.

I refuse to be a pessimist though. I prefer to be optimistic.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Assuming it actually passes in all nine, and only until D.C., Puerto Rico, and Guam get statehood...

PR has been trying for statehood for years. Neither the republicans or the democrats in congress really want to make them a state. The pros don’t outweigh the cons for either side.
    I believe it was even voted ion in congress once too. I do know that both Senator Cruz and Cornyn would both vote No on PR becoming a state.

D.C. getting statehood will be difficult as well, for the same reason as PR. Plus their a group that will fight the constitutionality of DC being a State. (Not saying I agree or disagree to the constitutionality question)

Guam, the last I heard is that the majority doesn’t want statehood.

A side note... while PR just passed a new very pro-gun act in 2020 that gives reciprocity to all 50 states LTCs, and makes them shall issue for LTC’s for residents, Guam is still a very restrictive location to guns. If they were to become a state, it might force them to become more open with guns, something the local population might not want. States in some ways have more requirements they are required to follow then some Territorys.

I doubt we will see any of the three become a state anytime in the next 4 years, or even 10. Someday possibly.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    It looks as though Montana will become the next state to Pass Permitless constitutional carry to become the 17th state to do so.

It is now in its final stages. It just needs to pass the house final concurrence vote and go to the Governor. The Gov has already vowed that he will approve and sign the bill into law.

When this happens, Constitutional permitless carry will take effect June 1st 2021.

This bill also eliminates many current gun free zones.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Latest update....

Passed Montana’s House and Senate. Now headed to the Governor to sign, veto, or ignore. Signing it or ignoring it means it passes, and will go into effect on June 1, 2021

Utah.... Passed House and Senate, but due to an amendment change, it goes back to house for a Concurrence vote. If that passes (Monday or Tuesday). It will go the Gov. of Utah.
    If he signs... It will become Law on May 7 or 8 of 2021.

The Gov. of Montana will sign the bill before Utah has a chance too. However, because of dates. Utah will become the 17th to go permitless constitutional carry, and Montana will become the 18th state.

Now we need to get the other 8 states to pass constitutional carry!

Top Bottom