Lynx Defense

6 states file constitutional carry bills for 2021 Legislation.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Please tell me what threats were made. I do not remember the guy calling Bonnen out for being a douche nozzle making any threats. The entire thing was caught on LE body cam and there were no threats. Bonnen simply made that up
    Seriously? You repeat a MSM fucking lie as if it is the gospel, get called on it and say that^^^^^^^^^.

Seriously? For Real? You have to be shitting me. No one is really this obtuse.

Pancho “the cokeman” Neveraz was never letting that bill out.
    Douche nozzle lied and used it as an excuse...he was never going to let it pass anyway, anyhow..................
    You should learn some more about that interaction before you let your mouth run about it.
    Of course it wouldn't have. Do you know anything about the loser who chaired the committee the bill was in? He just picked a handy excuse. He never would have let it get out of committee.
    It was never going to be voted on because it was never coming out of committee. The new speaker this year has said he plans to nominate some Democrats as committee chairs this year too. If a Dem is in charge of that particular committee, all the gun bills are dead this year too.

It's a convenient way for the Rino's to say they're for the gun bills but know they never have to actually vote on one.
    Unfortunately just a great house on little over 1/2 acre. What blew my mind was the homeowner has a wood & glass gun cabinet in plain sight in his living room. No methbilly's is really important. Every place I looked ay that had acerage was bought before I could make an offer. My biggest mistake according to my realtor was looking n Zillow. They don't update their listings & lots of property I liked was already pending.

The wife cousin has 10 acres in Buffalo he shoots on & her other cousin has gas & oil land. He is older but is into guns mostly trap, skeet & sporting clay. And I'm closer to Palestine were I have options.
    Younggun,

Does this mean the bearings lock into an extension of the barrel, which is steel, i.e., they do not lock into the aluminum receiver? If that's true, and the bearings are steel, I don't see how the receiver being made of aluminum would make any difference. Or did you mean that all of the pressure is held by the chamber and barrel, both of which are made of steel?

Cityboy
    I came here to say all this, but I see it’s already been taken care of.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Update....

Montana.... HB102 headed to Gov

Utah.... HB60... headed to Gov.

Indiana.... All In Committee....
    HB1460, HB1289, HB 1232, HB1034, HB 1241, HB1544, HB1369

Tennessee... HB18

Alabama... SB5

Florida... HB123.... In Committee

South Carolina... All in Committee
    S0032, S0155, H3039, H3096

Georgia....
    HB 2, HB1110 in committee

Minnesota.... All in committee
    SF275, SF664, HF577, HF512, HF513

Texas....all in committee
    HB1238, HB1587, HB1094, SB540

Last edited:

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Utah Governor Signs HB60 making constitutional carry law effective May 5, 2021

We now have 17 official constitutional carry states.

1 down, 9 more to go!

Next up! Montana!

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    It would have passed last year if it had not of been some asshole showing up at the home of the speaker of the house.

We still have red control of house, senate and governor. Abbot said he would sign it if it makes it to his desk.
    Bonnen was the asshole. He never intended for it to leave committee

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Bonnen was the asshole. He never intended for it to leave committee

It will pass the committee this time. Republicans are in control of the committee this one will be in, even though a democrat is chair of that committee. All the republicans on the committee have vowed to see it get out and onto the floor.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Indiana HB1369 now moves to the house floor for consideration and vote. If passed. It will move to the senate committee.

Looks like Indiana and South Carolina are running neck to neck in the race to be the 3rd and 4th state to pass Constitutional Carry this year. Indiana is in the slight lead, getting the bill to the House floor for consideration before SC.

The first state this year to pass CC carry was Utah with that bill becoming effective on May 5, 2021
    Montana is 2nd this year and will become effective. Albeit the governor hasn’t officially signed, but he will, and even if he doesn’t, unless he vetoes it, it will automatically become law on June 1, 2021.

These 4 plus the other 16 will give us 20 CC states.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Montana Governor signed Constitutional carry this week which took effect immediately.

So while Montana was the 18th state to pass constitutional carry, they are actually now the 17th state for it to take effect.

Utah Constitutional Carry won’t go into effect until May 5th, 2021.

Next up Indiana

Sand Hills

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Seguin
    Indiana House passed their con carry bill. Still to go to Senate.

I don't know the Indiana Governor's position on it, but if he is opposed he has a very weak veto. It takes only a majority vote, not 2/3, in house and senate to override a veto.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Yep, Passed the house.
    The Indiana Governor has allready said he would sign the bill if it makes it to his desk.

With the vast win in the house, it looks like it will pass the Senate too.

The only problem if you read the bill, Is it wont go into effect until.... March 1, 2022!

Why they are making their citizens wait a whole year beats the hell out of me. But it wont go into effect till then sadly.

Maybe the Senate will notice that and make an ammendment to change the date. But if they do that, then it has to go back to the house for concurrance.

Sand Hills

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Seguin
    The default date for Indiana laws to go in effect is 01 July of the year they are passed. I don't know for sure but I am guessing that the reason for the delay to 30 Mar 22 is that the law also requires the state to come up with a process for police officers to quickly ascertain if someone is a prohibited person or not.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Add another state?.. Iowa yesterday filed a bill for constitutional carry... so that’s now 11 states that filed constitutional carry bills this year...

2 of 11 passed it so far....

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    The default date for Indiana laws to go in effect is 01 July of the year they are passed. I don't know for sure but I am guessing that the reason for the delay to 30 Mar 22 is that the law also requires the state to come up with a process for police officers to quickly ascertain if someone is a prohibited person or not.

Which is going to be hard to do, means a background check will have to be done on the spot. Which for some will take minutes... others hours... so not for sure how they will do that.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    New update...

Add Louisiana to the list of states that have filed Constutional carry bills. HB 16

So now a total of 12 states have filed constitutional carry bills this year. Of which 2 have passed Constitutional carry (Utah and Montana)

if all 12 states pass constitutional carry, that will give us 28 states. The entire south.

the following 10 states still have constitutional carry bills pending.

Texas,
    Tennessee,
    Alabama,
    Georgia,
    Florida,
    South Carolina,
    Louisiana,
    Indiana,
    Iowa,
    Minnesota.

Cobber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Which is going to be hard to do, means a background check will have to be done on the spot. Which for some will take minutes... others hours... so not for sure how they will do that.
    That plus the Indiana S. Court ruling in Pinner, which held that simply carrying a gun cannot serve as RAS to investigate or PC to search/seize if there is no other indication of criminality afoot. Four years after the ruling many officers have yet to figure this out...

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Latest update...

constitutional carry passes in:

Utah... Effective May 5th

Iowa... Effective July 1st

Tennessee... Effective July 1st

Wyoming... full for non resident constitutional carry, effective July 1

Montana effective immediately for everyone everywhere.

South Carolina... Passed House...

Indiana... passed House

Texas out of House Committee on House floor.

Georgia.... it has died this session...

Still in the running though with bills filed, but not dead...

Minnesota,

Rhode Island,

Alabama,

Florida,

Louisiana

Top Bottom