• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Redfield's Revolution might be on par with some of the Diamondbacks and is made in America.

I'm not looking to always shoot at 600 with a 556 but more or less want the capability and option. 300-400 will be more common. This is my "ultimate" 5.56 and don't mind putting a little money in glass. If red dawn happened this is probably the rifle I'd grab.

I have a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33.

Specs are nearly identical to the Leupold Freedom VX 2-7x33.

As a Leupold sub-brand, has the same factory, warranty etc.

Redfield makes quality scopes IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Texas SOT

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Dammit darqhelmet !

I just went down the rabbit hole with that SWFA SS scope and now I'm itchin' to try one.

Guess I'll be buying 2 scopes

Ha! Sorry. I have yet to get a bad piece of glass from them carrying the SWFA name. BUT I only have a few, that fixed power 10x scope I linked to is a specific model made for the military by Tasco to the spec and durability standard. The rest I do not know the history and spec, that being said I have never gotten a bad scope from them.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    upload_2018-9-15_16-16-4.png

I like the Nikon P-223. Mine is a 3X and is designed specifically for the AR. It's a very good scope with clear optics and bullet drop reticule. I'm sure you can spend more and get some increased efficacy but for me, this is perfect. With the mounts shown, it maintains zero when removed and re-installed.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Looks good but not enough power for this build.

Lots of good options for some other ARs I own in this thread but this rifle will be getting a Trijicon this fall/winter.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    This carbine is a go-to for bad times... I have a bolt gun for longer range. I've found that 2 or 3x is about right when you need glass for saving your skin. Anything more and you lose too much time looking around for your target. I keep this with the buis ready and scope in a bag - I wouldn't put the glass on unless I got into a situation that required it. Where I'm at, everything would be closer.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    This one is definitely not a carbine, I have a 20" Rainier UltraMatch barrel and Magpul PRS stock. Definitely not made for CQB maneuvers but not a bench only type rifle either.

I have some shorter ones as well but this one is built for a little distance while still being somewhat portable.

I like heavy rifles with longer barrels, overall. Maybe it's that the first AR family style rifle I fired and trained with was a M16A2 with 20" barrel. Even after a few years in the Corps I always preferred the "A" series instead of the "M". As enlisted aircrew I rated a M4 but always asked for A4. Even as a SSgt I would qualify with the A4. The young Marine at the Armory would always remind me a SSgt I could have the M4 but I always declined. I was the only SNCO on the range with the A4, every year.

Disclaimer for other Marines: Yes, for a while my TO weapon was a M9 but they changed it to the M4 later, with the optional available to the Skipper to due as he saw fit.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Since you're familiar with the Vortex's Razor series, take a look at the Viper PST series. Less money and glass that's comparable the Razor Gen 1 glass. I really like my Razor scopes. The glass is great but they are heavy. The Viper PST FFP series scopes offer a little less heft but with good glass.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I believe the search is over. Picked up a Trijicon AccuPoint 2.5-12.5x42 from Kyle. MOA-Dot Crosshair w/Green Dot, 30mm Tube.

Now to find a mount. I have LaRues and was considering a Bobro or ADM as well. Bobro seems to have some problems these days, and ADM seems nice but only 0 or 20MOA, in their AR15 line. LaRue has a 10MOA mount that seems like the way to go. 20 seems like overkill for a 5.56.

I’ll be watching for sales for Memorial Day and will either get the LaRue or possibly a Geissele. QD is not necessary but may the way I go.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom