• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Not me but just a couple of miles from my office.

Attachments

• Manor Rattlesnake.jpg
      Manor Rattlesnake.jpg
      35.2 KB · Views: 209

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    Nice snake! And lucky shot with the pistol.
    Years ago, I went out shooting with a couple of my wife's relatives on the banks of the Buffalo Bayou down by Houston. We used to take a variety of rifles and shotguns and just plink on tin cans and other junk. My wife's uncle was carrying my .30 caliber M1 carbine. Suddenly, he started blasting away at the ground near his feet. He was jumping backwards and shooting at the same time, and yelling like he was on fire. Turns out there was a 4-1/2 foot water moccasin crawling towards him, and he shot 30 times at near point blank range and never hit the snake. I showed up with my trusty .410, and a single shot blew the snake's head off.
    It was a good 20 minutes before my wife's uncle calmed down enough to speak intelligently, and he went back to the truck to wait for the rest of us. Years later, I could ask him if he wanted to go to the bayou to go shooting, and he always refused.

CC Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Corpus
    lucky shot u got. Ha Ha your wifes uncle must of have looked funny dancing to the sound of a gun. it was a good thing u step in to help out. you must heaved been the man with your wife. that night....

landin18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Houston, TX/// Edinburg, TX
    Nice snake! And lucky shot with the pistol.
    Years ago, I went out shooting with a couple of my wife's relatives on the banks of the Buffalo Bayou down by Houston. We used to take a variety of rifles and shotguns and just plink on tin cans and other junk. My wife's uncle was carrying my .30 caliber M1 carbine. Suddenly, he started blasting away at the ground near his feet. He was jumping backwards and shooting at the same time, and yelling like he was on fire. Turns out there was a 4-1/2 foot water moccasin crawling towards him, and he shot 30 times at near point blank range and never hit the snake. I showed up with my trusty .410, and a single shot blew the snake's head off.
    It was a good 20 minutes before my wife's uncle calmed down enough to speak intelligently, and he went back to the truck to wait for the rest of us. Years later, I could ask him if he wanted to go to the bayou to go shooting, and he always refused.

hell thats how i spent the majority of my summer days while a teenager, shooting water moccasins in the water with my trusty old Savage .22. Ahh to be young again.

Top Bottom