• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RossA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Houston, Republic of Texas
    I was given an SKS for Christmas a couple of years ago and I've never fired it.Iit seems like it would be a good gun to have if the SHTF, so I've been thinking about buying a case of ammo for it. I see a lot of deals on ammo in different catalogs. Some of it is steel cased, some from Europe or Asia, and I'm not sure which would be good to get. I don't intend to reload the brass, so that's not an issue.
    Any suggestions?
    ARJ Defense ad

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    If you are not going to reload buy the wolf, silver bear, golden tiger, etc. steel cased stuff. It is cheaper and shoots as well as you could want in an SKS. They were made to shoot the steel cased stuff so there will not be a problem with it.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Wolf has always been good to me in the SKS and AK. I did have issues with the "Cheeta" brass-case South African stuff though - would not feed at all in my AK. Wasn't crimped either, had a bunch of rounds "setback" when they hung up trying to chamber - couldn't get rid of that ammo fast enough. Switched back to Wolf and everything was golden again........

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Also, STAY AWAY from the Winchester stuff at walmart - they use waaaaay too soft primers, and in light of the Olofson ruling - you are in violation of the NFA if your weapon double taps for ANY REASON........

Winchester 7.62X39 has the ability to land you in jail in this day and age, I have seen that ammo consistently double-tap in a pristine Norinco AK that has no malfunctions with any milsurp ammo.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Your SKS should not have any issues with the cheap Monarch ammo from Academy.Cheaperthandirt.com has 7.62x39 cheap.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom