• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    It's around you just have to find it. S&b makes new stuff and classic arms had some surplus last time I looked.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    I recently ordered 800 rounds from J&G, price was $10 cheaper and the shipping was $20 cheaper...saved $30 overall.

Date Ordered: Wednesday May 23, 2012

Products
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1 x 7.62x25 Bulgarian FMJ ammo, 800rd tins. (5-1079c) = $169.84
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub-Total: $169.84
    Ground items-$20.43 and Handgun Air-$0.00: $20.43
    Total: $190.27

Good stuff to throw down range for practice. Just remember it is corrosive so clean your firearm appropriately.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Have not been able to find 9x18 Makarov at a reasonable price in a while now.

Academy is flat out, and does not show any arriving until July.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Didnt it start to go up when they took out the lead......and they say lead is bad for us.

No. It was the Yom Kippur War of October, 1973, when Israel had to defend herself against armed aggression by an Arab Coalition (Egypt, Syria, Jordan).

When the United States offered Israel material assistance, the Arab oil producers drastically cut off oil supplies to the U.S.

Unlike today, the U.S. still had a robust domestic oil supply, and the price of gasoline went from about 19 cents per gallon to about 50 cents per gallon.

Long gas lines ensued when the U.S. Government (in its infinite wisdom) introduced rationing based on the last numbers of a vehicle's license plate.

Over time, the Israelis beat the ever living, ever loving, ever lasting snot out of the Egyptians, Syrians, and Jordanians.

The price of gasoline today is a reflection not of inflation, but by the devaluation of the U.S. Dollar.

We have plenty of politicians of every stripe to thank for that.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    J & G is the only place I could find with Tok ammo in stock so last week I ordered a bunch, came in today.

Guys, surplus ammo is going to dry up one of these days. If you like shooting your guns, you better break out the checkbook and stock up. I can recall back a few years ago I could buy .30-06 for less than 15 cents a round. Today it's what, a buck a round most places? It would be a lot higher than that except for CMP selling millions of rounds of Greek ammo. Soon that will run out, too, and there's not any more .30-06 ammo left anywhere in the world except the Korean stuff and it doesn't look like that's going to be approved for import.

Better stock up pretty quick. There's no more of any of this stuff being made.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The price of gasoline today is a reflection not of inflation, but by the devaluation of the U.S. Dollar.

While that may have some role in gas prices, the real reason is far more complicated. Now that fuel prices are deregulated, people BUY that fuel and they OWN it. They can withhold it from the market if they choose until the prices come up. If we band together and refuse to pay $3.50/gallon, owners of that fuel can and will sell it to China or another country that will pay the price they want in a world market. In short, if Americans demand fuel prices of $1.39/gallon, you won't find enough fuel to fill your lawn mower. At $4.00/gallon, you can wash your car in it.

During the fuel "crisis" in the 1970's, I worked at a pipeline in Chicago and kept accounts of stored fuel. With long lines at the pumps, there was not a barrel of storage capacity available in the Chicago area! The price jumped and the faucets were opened when they got the price they wanted.

In the last "crisis" where fuel prices rose above $4.00/gallon, Tank farms in Ponca City, Oklahoma played a major role in driving the fuel cost up. They withheld the fuel, prices climbed then later fell and we all breathed a sigh of relief as we bought our "cheap" $3.25/gallon fuel.

Taxes are a big chunk of our fuel cost/gallon but the Oil Companies are also enjoying world record profits. They justify those profits by saying they need to invest in oil exploration and research. They picked our pockets.

Ammo cost? It's the same way with a lot more players involved.
    Our government can curtail our shooting by withholding imported ammunition from the market....so they do. Available stocks are down so prices rise.

Components of the ammo (lead, copper, brass) are worth more that the price of the round itself. The "nickle" coin in your pocket is worth more than the the five cents the coin is worth. The Feds have placed strict regulations on melting the coins down to get the material.

That 4 cent/round ugly Turkish 8mm Mauser ammo we used to buy is worth more in material than the cartridge is worth. China and India are sucking up raw materials like a sponge. They want metal and they're getting it by paying a high price for it.

The market...
    We, as consumers, panic over the thought that Obummer may get reelected so we buy buy buy ammo. The supply of ammo is finite so price of available ammo jumps.

There's more to it but take a broader view of the market. Reasons for supply and demand fluctuations go WAY beyond the shelves at Wally World!

Flash

Top Bottom