Target Sports

7.62x25mm Tokarev Ammo @.33 each from J&G.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Found a decent deal on 1950's surplus ammo from J&G sales. Worked out to .33 each including shipping to the Houston area. Comes in 1260 round spam cans.

Bad news is it is corrosive, but that does not bother me since I clean my guns after a range session.

Stuff is getting hard to find with all the cheap PPSH43 pistols they sold the past few years.

7.62x25 Tokarev Polish FMJ. 1260rd in Can
    Gun Zone Deals

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Had a guy tell me they can still get plenty of surplus tok ammo in canada, but its gotten really hard to come.by the last couple years here in the US. I wonder whats going on.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Had a guy tell me they can still get plenty of surplus tok ammo in canada, but its gotten really hard to come.by the last couple years here in the US. I wonder whats going on.

I think it's like all surplus ammo. A few years ago they could almost not give .303 away, now try to find some. Last I bought was in the collectable category. .30 carbine surplus is all gone, been over a year since I've seen any in the GI can. Got lucky with some 9mm Makarov at the HGCA show, but it's hard to find now. Lucked out on some Norinco for $7 a box of 50, got all he had. (Then again finding .22LR is a trick now days.) If you got an old, not common caliber firearm, I bet many people don't pass up the odd box they find for it anymore.

I really think the guys that bought those semi-auto sub guns that were running about $300 the past few years have sucked it up. Kinda hoping to find another Tokarev pistol this weekend on the cheap. With open on box and practice, keep the other sealed for long term use.

biyf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Waco area
    Is the stuff at J&G the Polish stuff? I've read some mixed reviews on it - if you shoot any please let us know how it was. I have one of those semi-auto subguns and it's hungry!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    biyf, yes it is. Don't know when we will break open the first can of it, might be a while. Found some other surplus and will be shooting that up first, but will let you all know.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Arrived today in two cardboard boxes. UPS driver asked "What caliber??". We ended up discussing Russian guns, ammo, etc. for a few minutes.

I don't think that 10 days is too bad for a ammo delivery during this panic.

TokAmmo_zps565b908f.jpg

biyf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Waco area
    I picked up some loose Polish and should be able to hit the range this weekend. I might be able to answer my own question :D

Top Bottom