• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oxbld

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Mesquite
    The sale was not announced to us at Academy until it was underway. I actually found out about it on the internet... Initially, they were going to try to run it through the end of the year it seemed, but then we received notice last week that the sale was ending on Nov. 1st. There was a definite lack of communication, but it was a heck of a deal while it lasted. Also, the lacquered steel cased Monarch ammo is not Wolf, it is manufactured by Barnaul in Russia. It is specifically Barnaul's Brown Bear line of ammo, and it is higher quality than Wolf from all accounts I've heard. The brass cased Monarch is made by Prvi Partizan in Serbia, and it great for reloading from my experience.
    Texas SOT

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    The sale was not announced to us at Academy until it was underway. I actually found out about it on the internet... Initially, they were going to try to run it through the end of the year it seemed, but then we received notice last week that the sale was ending on Nov. 1st. There was a definite lack of communication, but it was a heck of a deal while it lasted. Also, the lacquered steel cased Monarch ammo is not Wolf, it is manufactured by Barnaul in Russia. It is specifically Barnaul's Brown Bear line of ammo, and it is higher quality than Wolf from all accounts I've heard. The brass cased Monarch is made by Prvi Partizan in Serbia, and it great for reloading from my experience.

Thanks for posting this up. It certainly makes sense.

And thanks for the correction on manufacturer. It was a sales associate in firearms that told me it was "made by Wolf in the same factory in Russia."

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    It is my understanding that ARs do not care for the lacquered steel cased ammo.

On another note.....

I wish to thank the original poster for the heads up. I was able to view this site one time from work and I saw this post. I bought a "couple" of rounds and I spread the word to several others that bought a couple for themselves.

You sir, did a great service to many people by taking the time to post the info. You helped the community as a whole.

Top Bottom