• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stockFD3S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that they are selling Monarch branded 7.62x39 FMJ for $2.99 a box. I picked up 520 rounds today and will go back for more soon. Now if it would only drop to $1.50 a box.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My father just picked some of this up earlier. I can vouch for the quality of this ammo. When I had an SKS, I shot this stuff almost exclusively with no issues. It was as accurate as the SKS was for certain.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    As far as I know, the steel-cased Monarch ammunition they sell is all from Barnaul and the brass-cased Monarch is Privi-Partizan from Serbia.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    That's some good news. I need ammo prices to go down!
    Don't hold your breath.

I read elsewhere that Academy had accidentally added an extra '0' to their order, and instead of 50,000 cases, got 500,000.

Also reported elsewhere was that these prices were gonna be good through December.

Since I read it on the internet, it must be true, but it's definitely something to think about.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    It is good stuff for the Ak's and SKS's.No problems shooting over 1000 rounds of Monarch thru my AK.Wish I could find some .223 that was as cheap as the Monarch.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Unfortunately these prices wont be here for long. Just read that the US has put sanctions on Russian goods due to their dealings with Iran. Wolf, and all their name sakes will probably get harder to find.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Unfortunately these prices wont be here for long. Just read that the US has put sanctions on Russian goods due to their dealings with Iran. Wolf, and all their name sakes will probably get harder to find.
    I'm tired of these "panic posts".

The US Gov't sanctioned one company that exports war materiel.

The export company that exports Wolf, and Barnaul and other commercial ammunition was not affected.

Bexar county TX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    For you San Antonio people Academy on 410 and Vance Jackson has gotten some more ammo in for the 2.99 price till tomorrow, when I left they had about 50-60 boxes left.

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    I picked up four cases of this tonight (2k rounds @ 20 per box. 25 boxes per case) and the sales clerk said the sale ended tonight at store close. That had several cases on hand in the beginning and I bought four of the remaining 12 cases. I would have purchased more, but am in the process of stocking up on several different calibers thus forcing me to spread the wealth.... wait! Did I just say that????

The clerk said that Monarch was branded for Academy but is Wolf ammo manufactured in the same plant.

$74 and change / 500 rounds.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I just got off the phone with the Academy here in Amarillo. One person (not in the firearms dept btw) said the sale ended yesterday, while the guy in the firearms dept said it would be going on till the end of the year. :confused: He said they got 60 cases in last Friday and sold the last ones yesterday and was expecting another truck load this coming Wed. I'll go over there Wed. and see if I can get a couple cases for the sale price.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I have seen people say on other forums that the sale ends today. The guys at academy close to me said it will run until they run out or Dec 31.

Saxet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    I called the Academy in Pasadena and was told they were out but the Gulf Freeway store had over 300 boxes in stock.

HOWEVER, the price is now $4.99 a box! I thought someone said the price was $2.99 through December.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    You better grab that sign and fill a cart up. They have to sell it to you for the price on the sign. I'm sure by tonight they prob took the sign down

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    I stopped in the Academy here to check on the price and maybe pick up a couple more cases. I did not talk to anyone but noticed the price had gone back to $4.99 for the remaining stock. And the display out in the isle had been removed.

Looks like the Academies of the world are not on the same sheet of music.

I hope the sale does continue though.

Top Bottom