• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Saw some at a gun show this past weekend. Think Academy had some on the shelves last time I was in there as well.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Academy dosen't sell bullets. I've seen them at gun shows in the past, but they are far from popular. Mostly, I see lots of pistol calibers and .223, .308. and some 6 and 7mm.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    If you have a kinetic bullet puller you can always take surplus ammo and remove the projectile from it might be easier if you dont want to use steel cased ammo. Im doing that with some old wolf 223 someone gave me. My AR rips the rims off of wolf so im just taking the projectiles out and loading them in to brass cases.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Pat's still has in stock, Graf's also, Polygunbag also has .311 bullets available. The surplus bullets are a great deal but almost gone.

JesseCJC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you have a kinetic bullet puller you can always take surplus ammo and remove the projectile from it might be easier if you dont want to use steel cased ammo. Im doing that with some old wolf 223 someone gave me. My AR rips the rims off of wolf so im just taking the projectiles out and loading them in to brass cases.

If you decide to sell those steel cases, please let me know via e-mail what you would like for them shipped, thanks

JesseCJC01@gmail.com

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    Thanks Sarge,I never thought about pulling the bullets themselves,maybe as a last resort when everything else is gone.I have a couple of thousand ready made ammo.What do you thinks is the cause of the poor accuracy?the powder itself? sj

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Sorry for my post; started typing before seeing what forum this thread was in. Codygjohnson is right; no bullets at Academy. I was in there this afternoon and they did have both steel and brass Monarch ammo though. Powder Valley had some .308 bullets last I checked.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I thought this round was .310?? not .311?? My lee dies have a .310 expander and a .308 for the ruger mini 30.

Groove diameter varies, but .310-.311 is pretty normal. +/- .001 is no big deal. .310 expander is proper for .311 bullets to attain the proper neck tension. I cast a 150gr RNGC and size to .310 for the AK and SKS. Very accurate at about 2000fps.

Top Bottom