• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, because the AK has really proven itself to be an ineffective weapon over the past 70 years... :facepalm:

Just because someone owns a fast car doesn't make them a fast driver.

I've seen the guy make some pretty good shots. I don't think his shooting ability is the issue even though I'd love to claim I'm just a much better shot than him.
    Target Sports

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A couple of other options.

Sig 556xi SWAT Russian. Folding stock. Very accurate. Put on a red dot and flip mount magnifier. Uses AK mags.

If you can find one, PWS Diablo is a nice AR pistol. Add a sig brace. Nice small package, sweet shooting. Some 7.62x39 AR's reportedly have reliability problems. Not the Diablo.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    Cypress
    I love my Rock River Arms LAR 47 X-1 rifle. It takes AK mags and is great to shoot.

Attachments

• 20170911_221729.jpg
      20170911_221729.jpg
      494.6 KB · Views: 123
    • 20170911_221542.jpg
      20170911_221542.jpg
      636.8 KB · Views: 108

viking_in_tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Spewing by definition above. Looking to replace the Saiga I left back in CA.

Something that takes AK mags is preferred.

I own two that may fill that requirement:
    PTR-32 KFR gen2: http://www.ptr91.com/products/PTR 32 KFR GEN 2?id=52

and a wildcard:
    M10X by M-M Industries: https://www.mm-industries.com/m10x/

Both semi auto, both take AK magazines. I only have Magpul magazines, 10rd and 20rd. Those work flawlessly.

The PTR is heavy, with a heavy trigger. No real easy way to mount a bipod(some special clamp-on styles exist, I don't have that). Recoil is veeery mild. Been very reliable after the first 50-60 rounds. I have much Fiocchi brass ammo that seems weak, and didn't cycle until the PTR broke in a little. Used Fusion/Tula/Wolf/Privzi before it agreed to cycle the Fiocchi. The PTR is very accurate, trigger is not great for sniper duty. Replacement trigger packs exist.

The M10X is new to me, and fairly new to market. Interesting design, "AK done right"...
    Great trigger. This one also needed a few rounds of Tula/Wolf before the Fiocchi ammo started running reliably. Initial range experience is that it is not as accurate as the PTR. I will have to try different ammo, since all other reports claims that it is fairly good in this respect. Folding stock is great, comfortable and no wobble. I put a Primary Arms 1-6 on it, have yet to do any quick work/double tap/match shooting with it.

In either case, both are valid alternatives to traditional AK pattern, or AR uppers, or AR pattern rifles in 7.62x39. Be happy to let you try either of them if you're near Grand Prairie

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    Unsicientific experiment over the weekend showed that the SKS is far superior to the AK...if you want to hit your target at 200 yards.
    Really? I routinely hit steel (welding gas cylinder) at 500yds with my Saiga and somehow manage to find my paper targets out to 300yds with it as well.

Now granted I am NOT making tiny little groups on paper but MOM is just fine for me.

Last edited:

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    recently transplanting from California where my options were pretty much nil, I am finding myself overwhelmed with options. If you had a $3k max budget for rifle and scope or red dot package, what would you choose from the offerings in this state?

I won't need to spend any of the budget on ammo as I have plenty on hand. Thanks in advance.
    Not sure where you were getting this from but until this latest legislation pretty much every rifle made was available to buyers in CA...you just had to have a bullet-button installed prior to shipment here. If the seller wouldn't/couldn't do so, there were vendors over on CalGuns who would gladly take delivery and preform that service before sending it your way.

It was pistols that people weren't able to get here as manufacturers weren't submitting them for testing to go on the "Roster".

While things are indeed screwed up here in CA there's nothing to be gained by making it out to be worse then it actually is.

Last edited:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    and a wildcard:
    M10X by M-M Industries: https://www.mm-industries.com/m10x/

The M10X is new to me, and fairly new to market. Interesting design, "AK done right"...
    Great trigger. This one also needed a few rounds of Tula/Wolf before the Fiocchi ammo started running reliably. Initial range experience is that it is not as accurate as the PTR. I will have to try different ammo, since all other reports claims that it is fairly good in this respect. Folding stock is great, comfortable and no wobble. I put a Primary Arms 1-6 on it, have yet to do any quick work/double tap/match shooting with it.

In either case, both are valid alternatives to traditional AK pattern, or AR uppers, or AR pattern rifles in 7.62x39. Be happy to let you try either of them if you're near Grand Prairie

I'd never taken a close look at the M10x before... did some reading and watching, now I want one

viking_in_tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    I'd never taken a close look at the M10x before... did some reading and watching, now I want one

I understand that the M10x was recently approved in Canada, so a flood of reviews and reports might be coming out of there soon, as people flock to buy’em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone

That looks very appealing. My 1987 ChiCom AK has been in parts since the last CA AWS ban, and I just put it back together. Not sure I even want to shoot that stupid thing, but I do enjoy the cheap punchy ammo. That M10x looks like something to investigate!! Does anyone keep them on the shelf around S.A.?

Top Bottom