• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Don't feel bad, I hate seeing women in the military. Sue me.

Speaking of which, have you heard that the Navy is set to put women aboard submarines? At first it will be only officers aboard boomers, but later they'll be enlisted too. Apparently the class of SSBN to replace the Ohio class will have female crew sensibilities designed into it. And yet this is the country where we still have women only gyms, etc.

:1zhelp:

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Please tell me how that's differant than the clown we are stuck with now? :banghead:

I never said otherwise, but to accept inferiority simply because that is what "we are stuck with" is kinda moronic, wouldn't you agree?

I think Palin has her mind on the right track, but she needs to be well versed in many things before she steps foot in the office.

I do not fault her for being ill-prepared during the last election.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I didn't know we had a new SSBN to replace the Ohio class.

It's only in the design phase right now. They still intend to get at least another 20 years out of the Ohio class before they start building, so enlisted women aboard boomers will still take quite a while. As far as I know, there are no plans to place women aboard attack subs.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Speaking of which, have you heard that the Navy is set to put women aboard submarines? At first it will be only officers aboard boomers, but later they'll be enlisted too. Apparently the class of SSBN to replace the Ohio class will have female crew sensibilities designed into it. And yet this is the country where we still have women only gyms, etc.

:1zhelp:

What will they do with all the seamen?

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    I agree with them. However, I'd love to see her take Steele's spot.

More than seven in 10 Americans think Sarah Palin is not qualified to be president, according to a new national poll.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...n-10-say-palin-not-qualified-to-be-president/[url]http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/28/cnn-poll-7-in-10-say-palin-not-qualified-to-be-president/[/URL]

HA!!! What a load of crap. CNN that like getting your news from the Huffington Post.
    Liberal news rag. That like asking 1000 Leftwing Liberal Democrats if they think she is qualified. Palin who was the ONLY threat that Obama had in the whole race.
    Of course they are going to say she is not qualified.

She was elected, she said she was going to do XYZ and when she got there she DID XYZ and then some.
    What did Obama do? Worked aprox 170 days in 2 years as a Senator and voted present 90% of the time. Present mind you is neither a yes or a no vote is just means he is there. So he did jack.
    Palin is much more qualified than BoBo.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Like I always say, take a poll outside an east coast gay bar and, yes, the numbers positive toward Palin will be very low. Another example of propaganda from CNN. If only more people were aware of this b.s.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Don't shoot the messenger, I didn't take or word the poll. Anyhoo ...

Ms. Palin has two problems. The first is that she's become one of the most polarizing figures in the country. The second is that voters continue to worry about her qualifications for the presidency, a concern that her abrupt resignation from office last July intensified.

Article titled: Can Sarah Palin Make a Comeback?

[url]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704576204574529770560352200.html[/URL]

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I am going to beat a dead horse (get your pics ready Tracy), but I dont understand how any one can call her inexperienced with what we currently have in the White House.....

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Don't shoot the messenger, I didn't take or word the poll. Anyhoo ...

Ms. Palin has two problems. The first is that she's become one of the most polarizing figures in the country. The second is that voters continue to worry about her qualifications for the presidency, a concern that her abrupt resignation from office last July intensified.

Article titled: Can Sarah Palin Make a Comeback?

[URL="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704576204574529770560352200.html"][url]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704576204574529770560352200.html[/URL][/URL]

She's not the polarizing figure. Obama has fractured the country more than it's ever been. Voters worry about her qualifications because the listen to the lying media and won't find out for themselves. She's accomplished a lot. There's no comparison with Dobama. He's accomplished nothing except a lot of damage.

I don't know what she'll end up doing but whatever it is(even if it's just cheerleader for the conservatives - she's good at that), she'll be an asset and not a liability.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I dont understand how any one can call her inexperienced with what we currently have in the White House.....

I agree completely. Compared to Obama, she's got a ton of executive experience.

Don't shoot the messenger, I didn't take or word the poll.

I didn't mean to imply bias or anything on your part, I was just throwing that poll thing out for general consumption. Didn't mean any insult or confusion by posting that. Are we still buddies?

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Are we still buddies?

I didn't take it personally, I brought it up to make the point that it is something on people's mind. I did not read the questions asked, see how they were asked, or say it was a "Rasmussen".

If I were Palin, I'd stick to my strengths. Keep on the conservative message, don't take the person bait, be who you are. There is more to leadership than experience alone. I think her values are in the right place.

A simple awareness of current events would have helped Palin. The 2A and eminent domain by private developers are HUGE deals to be unaware of in my book.

Couric: What other Supreme Court decisions do you disagree with?

Palin: Well, let’s see. There’s, of course in the great history of America there have been rulings, that’s never going to be absolute consensus by every American.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I am going to beat a dead horse (get your pics ready Tracy), but I dont understand how any one can call her inexperienced with what we currently have in the White House.....

That was going to be my response, but I thought Ol' Glue needed a rest. The comment...

...annoyed me. Obama the Great Uniter is probably the most politically polarizing figure in recent history. The voters weren't worried about his qualifications last November, were they? I don't know about you, but his abrupt ENTRY into the White House intensified my concerns about his qualifications!

Would Palin be my first choice? My unqualified reaction would be "no." However, when I consider the options, there's not much to choose from. Can you think of a single "qualified" conservative? Does this conservative have the core values of Sarah Palin? Does he/she invoke the energy and excitement that Palin does? Is he/she electable?

You can't dismiss the immediate following that Palin endeared. With a bit more polishing and a little more experience, I think she'll bring something to the race that's been missing since Ronald Reagan. Unfortunately, the media crucified her for reasons that were not entirely her fault. Palin was a rush job. Everyone knew it. The GOP was forcing McCain, a political albatross, on the Republican voting base. What choice did we have? Knowing many Republicans would stay home, rather than vote for the Obama-lite candidate hand-picked by the GOP (the primaries were a joke!), they desperately needed a running mate who would energize the ticket. They found Palin and, had they better prepared and supported her, might have done significantly better last November.

All things considered, I don't think you can rule out Palin as a serious candidate in the future.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    The 2A and eminent domain by private developers are HUGE deals to be unaware of in my book.

The fact that Obama doesn't know how many states make up the USA, that the soldiers we're remembering on Memorial Day WON'T be in the audience, that asthmatic kids rarely use breathalyzers, that the redistribution of wealth is NOT part of the foundation of this nation, and he continues to blame his inability to perform on his predecessor are huge deals in my book.

From a dark bedroom in the White House, we hear voices:

Barack: I'm sorry honey, this has never happened to me before.
    Michelle: I suppose THIS is Bush's fault, too!

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    The fact that Obama doesn't know how many states make up the USA, that the soldiers we're remembering on Memorial Day WON'T be in the audience, that asthmatic kids rarely use breathalyzers, that the redistribution of wealth is NOT part of the foundation of this nation, and he continues to blame his inability to perform on his predecessor are huge deals in my book.

I did not vote for DOHbama. I did vote for McCain/Palin.

Did anyone, besides me, even read the wsj article?

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    ...annoyed me. Obama the Great Uniter is probably the most politically polarizing figure in recent history. The voters weren't worried about his qualifications last November, were they? I don't know about you, but his abrupt ENTRY into the White House intensified my concerns about his qualifications!

Would Palin be my first choice? My unqualified reaction would be "no." However, when I consider the options, there's not much to choose from. Can you think of a single "qualified" conservative? Does this conservative have the core values of Sarah Palin? Does he/she invoke the energy and excitement that Palin does? Is he/she electable?

You can't dismiss the immediate following that Palin endeared. With a bit more polishing and a little more experience, I think she'll bring something to the race that's been missing since Ronald Reagan. Unfortunately, the media crucified her for reasons that were not entirely her fault. Palin was a rush job. Everyone knew it. The GOP was forcing McCain, a political albatross, on the Republican voting base. What choice did we have? Knowing many Republicans would stay home, rather than vote for the Obama-lite candidate hand-picked by the GOP (the primaries were a joke!), they desperately needed a running mate who would energize the ticket. They found Palin and, had they better prepared and supported her, might have done significantly better last November.

All things considered, I don't think you can rule out Palin as a serious candidate in the future.

+1 to every word! I just hope Palin can survive the relentless character assassination by the media.

Top Bottom