• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    +1 to every word! I just hope Palin can survive the relentless character assassination by the media.

Agreed, Palin is like holding up the cross to the devil for Dem's they view her as the woman they killed off 40 years ago, they will tolerate a McCain because he is like the Dem's, Palin an honest more conservative person is to be feared and hated. Any honest(common) conservative wil be demonize by the left and their servants the American press.
    Venture Surplus ad

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    We're in for some deep dog doo doo if she, or some other conservative, doesn't get elected President in 2012 and also take control of Congress. Imagine how much bureaucracy will be created if Obama and the Dems retain their hold on power until 2016? It would be at that point our freedoms and our country would be irretrievable, IMHO.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Totally Correct...

---------We're in for some deep dog doo doo if she, or some other conservative, doesn't get elected President in 2012 and also take control of Congress. Imagine how much bureaucracy will be created if Obama and the Dems retain their hold on power until 2016? It would be at that point our freedoms and our country would be irretrievable, IMHO. -------

I hope we have learned our lesson, about trying to "pull in Independents and disgruntled democrats" by running a middle-road person. No matter how attractive this person might look when we try to "be nice", it should be apparent that even if we elect a Rudy or Mitt type, we won't be that much better off.

Lots of good potential conservatives may be popping up. But at this writing, I only see one who is a true conservative, can pack any house, who creates screaming joy among Repugs, and creates screaming fear among democrats.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    I hope we have learned our lesson, about trying to "pull in Independents and disgruntled democrats" by running a middle-road person. No matter how attractive this person might look when we try to "be nice", it should be apparent that even if we elect a Rudy or Mitt type, we won't be that much better off.

Lots of good potential conservatives may be popping up. But at this writing, I only see one who is a true conservative, can pack any house, who creates screaming joy among Repugs, and creates screaming fear among democrats.

Pulling in independents and disgruntled Dems is and should be a goal. And frankly, it isn't that hard to figure out how to do so, but the RINOs don't want to do what's necessary. All you have to do is focus on fiscal responsibility and leave the social issues alone for a while.

Conservatism used to be about fiscal responsibility and small government, until somewhere along the way it became about lip service to fiscal responsibility and using government to push a social agenda.

I'll vote for a candidate who understands the one basic principle that you can't spend what you don't have. When you look at all the economic issues this country is facing, gay marriage just doesn't seem all that important. We're paying for a war in Iraq that is just bleeding us dry (figuratively and literally), and we're paying for a war in Afghanistan where no one in the history of the world has ever conquered. Darius I couldn't conquer it, Alexander failed, Genghis Khan failed, Britain failed, Russia failed in the 1800s, and then again in our lifetime.

Anyway, not to go into a rant, but the point is, RINOs are focusing on all the wrong things. And lest we all forget, it was a bunch of Republicans who pushed the first stimulus bill down our throats.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Conservatism used to be about fiscal responsibility and small government, until somewhere along the way it became about lip service to fiscal responsibility and using government to push a social agenda.

Is what I'm looking to vote for. The government needs to get out of the babysitting/nanny/social service and out of our pockets.

Well, Palin rolls out on her book tour soon. We'll see how she handles things.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I hope she is tremendously successful. She has one thing no one has hit on -- Sincerity. No Washington politician- repug or demo - can fill her hunting boots.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    I too thought it was just a so-so interview. She was relaxed and that is good because she is going to get more than a few interviewers who will try to exploit her. I thought it was cool that when they were talking about Letterman she mentioned that they tried to get her on the show. Libtards will try to rape her vocally but they would kiss her behind to have her on their show because their ratings would be the highest in history.

It will be interesting to see how O'Reilly handles her tonight and tomorrow. He is a closet conservative but he too would bend over for any major liberal to go on his show. He will have to be somewhat nice to her but yet pressure her to appease his liberal pals.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Sarah needs to just be Sarah. I like her. She is a conservative and a Fox. However, what disturbed me a little on Hannity was when she was asked if the Ft Hood shooter was a Muslim extremist, in fact a terrorist. Sarah didn't answer the question directly - with a YES!! Sarah needs to be straight talk and plain. America is yearning for straight talk!! I say go get'm "Straight Talk Sarah"!!!

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    The first part of the O'Reilly interview with Sarah was very good. He badgered a little, then made jokes. But she did open up well.

He did touch on some things not discussed before. Supposedly the Friday part will cover more politics.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    She did pretty well on Rush Limbaugh's show the other day. She just needs to get used to snap questions. It's not that she doesn't know the answer, but rather she can sometimes get knocked off kilter formulating her answer. That'll come around.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Sounds like pre-election mode to me.

BTW, that reminds me of an old joke. What is the definition of an election?

V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V

An election is what a Chinese blide gloom gets on his honeymoon.

Top Bottom