73% say gop lost touch with base

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DCortez, Oct 22, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  2. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Aug 9, 2009
    the range
    I keep getting survey's from the GOP and at the end they want a donation, I fill it out and donate 0 dollars.
    You back ******* rinos like our last choice for president.

I do think it's time for a viable third party, I'm tired of voting for people that are not of my values.:banghead:

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I send them back with "put me down for $700 billion" written across them.

4. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    I seen Obama's speech or part of it,he also said Democrats think for themselves, huh, who or when did that happen.

Big problem is the GOP went left,McCain, Graham,Snowe, KBH, etc,etc.
    What conservatives want is an honest person where as the left looks
    to someone who will build their social utopia,like the one in California,
    Russia, Cuba, which by the way have failed.

5. frijolero817

frijolero817 Member

May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I agree that they are no longer my party of choice. Republicans and Democrats both seem to move the same direction, but at different paces. Sure, they'll argue and put on a good show so they can act like they do things, but in the end they all work for way to much pay, too many donations, and anything but us and what we want. I can't believe that they get a retirement after serving a term. Maybe I'm in the wrong business. I made the decision that I'm Libertarian if I have the option, and voting out the incumbent otherwise.

6. Nate C

Nate C Active Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    This country been long overdue for a third party.

7. Libertarian_Longhorn

Libertarian_Longhorn Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Libertarian: When you're between a rock and a hard place.

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I don't see the republicans tossing rinos to the dems and becoming true conservatives. Bigger than conservatism, I don't see the GOP dropping it's role as everyone's mother.

9. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    I think there is a bigger chance of a Republicans turning conservative than there being a trully viable third party.

People just need to toss out their liberal republicans. If we did that, we'd have some good people. A third party is like hitting your head against the floor and the ceiling, IMHO.

10. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Here IMO is what we need.
    This individual needs to have the following type of convictions and demeanor IMO.
    1/2 Constitutionalists
    1/4 Ronald Regan
    1/4 GW Bush Sr.

Without doubt the GOP has lost there way.
    I may be 101% dead wrong here but as I see it the GOP has tried to gather more of the minority vote in the past 20 years and has leaned farther Left to accomplish that objective.
    Also IMO we have allowed our boarders to remain pretty much wide open so long we have lost control of the melting pot that made America.
    What once was the HOME OF THE FREE & THE LAND OF THE BRAVE is now only the land of the free lunch and public education.
    We have to get back to the government being a government for the people and by the people not the peoples keeper.
    Ok, I done said to much "Flame Me"!!!!:happy0001: