• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Are you still collecting goodies from the range? I don't have one but figured i'd drop you a line. Let me know if you need any type of brass.
    Take care.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You get a couple hundred fps in some loads more than a 7mm remington Mag.

I don't think there is something you can hunt with a 7mm weatherby that you can't hunt with a 7mm rem mag.

If that little increase in fps is important to you. . . then go for it. One of my friends' dad's rifle was one. It was a NICE rifle, which was "stolen" by his daughter.

Gungle George

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    dobarker; Well, alot of my shooting buddys are in their 70's and 80's (I'm 57) and I've lost a few the last couple years. The familys usually want me to haul off all the gun related fodder because they don't know what to do with it. It's taken me a couple years to get to the point of where I feel like going through some boxes, but I always find something. Like the dies, 6.5 Jap, 7.7 Jap, 8mm MAU, etc. I don't want to mess with selling the stuff on Ebay, it just wouldn't feel right. So I like to find someone that can use something and I'm happy to pass it on.
    A funny story; one of my best friends passed away about 3 years ago. He was a Korea vet (Purple Heart) and a big trap shooter. So I'm cleaning out the loading room and trashing the junk and loading up the rest. A couple months later I'm looking through the powder slection. There is an old round cardboard 4LB can of Green Dot, hey I can use that! I picked the can up and it felt kind of funny, I shook it and it really felt funny. At closer inspection the metal top was loose. I popped it off and looked inside..............there was $16,000 in cash!!! He never trusted banks and hid a lot of cash. His wife sure was happy to get that little nest egg back.

Tenpointers: I have a brand new set of Lyman dies in 7mm Weatherby Mag. If you can use them send me your address and I'll send them your way, no worries.

Cheers,

George

Top Bottom