• 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    :banghead:

[url]http://www.click2houston.com/news/19583900/detail.html[/URL]

HUFFMAN, Texas -- A burglar stole enough automatic weapons to equip an entire platoon, Harris County investigators told KPRC Local 2 Wednesday.

WATCH IT: High-Powered Firearms Stolen From Storage

Officials said 60 AK-47 assault rifles and 20 Mac-10 machine pistols are on the streets after they were stolen in a heist in Huffman.

"I'm upset because that many guns got to the public where they could cause death or damage somebody," said Carl Poteet, the owner of Poteet Dirt Yard.

Harris County investigators said the victim had been renting a space at the dirt yard off East FM 1960, and storing his weapons and other items in trailers.

Investigators said the man has a federal firearms license and bought the weapons 15 years ago as an investment.

Poteet said the man came to check the trailers last week and realized all of the weapons were gone.

"They broke in and found them, but they didn't stumble across them," Poteet said. "They were looking for something."

Poteet said he had no idea what his customer was storing on his land.

He said whoever stole the weapons cut through the roof and the floors of the trailers so that nothing would look out of place. He said that makes it even more difficult to determine when the weapons were stolen.

Investigators said all of the weapons were packed in their original boxes and sealed in plastic.

Poteet said the weapons owner has the serial numbers and will give them to the authorities.

This crime is a concern for the authorities due to the firepower of these weapons.

For instance, James Freeman shot and killed game warden Justin Hurst after firing at officers with an AK-47 and a Glock, investigators said. Freeman was accused of hunting illegally and leading officers on a high-speed chase.

There are also the incidents involving the "Careless Crew." The group terrorized Kroger shoppers and workers during robberies, waving an AK-47 and firing shots inside a store.
    Hurley's Gold

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    In my mind, things just aren't all adding up...

Exactly. Wonder what the trailers are that he has them stashed in now?

ON another note, I like how the media points out the "firing power" of the weapons then they cite the incident with an AK47 and a Glock. Damn, the guy was ready for a James Bond style international weapons war.... Good thing the guy didn't go to Walmart and buy a high powered weapons, like a deer rifle.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Exactly. Wonder what the trailers are that he has them stashed in now?

ON another note, I like how the media points out the "firing power" of the weapons then they cite the incident with an AK47 and a Glock. Damn, the guy was ready for a James Bond style international weapons war.... Good thing the guy didn't go to Walmart and buy a high powered weapons, like a deer rifle.
    The deer rifle is not "fully automatic" tho, with a deer rifle he might hit what he aims at and that would would be dangerous. stupid media

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    The deer rifle is not "fully automatic" tho, with a deer rifle he might hit what he aims at and that would would be dangerous. stupid media

I was assuming a semi auto, unless the AK's had been converted to full auto. Full auto would be a whole other story.

But, do you remember how fast Lucas McCain could unload his lever action????

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The British had a method for shooting their enfield's that for the most part made them as fast as full autos during the East Africa campaign I think. They would hold the riffles a certain way so that they could fire and work the bolt in one movement and when the bolt locked closed the trigger finger would be on the trigger ready to fire again. I could shoot pretty damn quick with my 30-30, I would be comfortable using one as a battle rifle in a pinch. And My full auto theory is a theory.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The Lee Enfield trick is (from what I've heard) to keep your index finger and thumb on the bolt handle, and pull the trigger with your middle finger. Nowhere near as fast as a full-auto, though. Semi-auto? Maybe.

There are guys who could apparently get 30 aimed shots off at a 300 yard target inside of a minute with that rifle. Start with ten in the rifle, you get to recharge with 4 clips to do that.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The Lee Enfield trick is (from what I've heard) to keep your index finger and thumb on the bolt handle, and pull the trigger with your middle finger. Nowhere near as fast as a full-auto, though. Semi-auto? Maybe.

There are guys who could apparently get 30 aimed shots off at a 300 yard target inside of a minute with that rifle. Start with ten in the rifle, you get to recharge with 4 clips to do that.
    Yeah that's the one! It was reported by enemy pow's (from the time of the enfield) that when they lined up and fired it was "a whole regiment of machine guns" and the combatants surrendered after a short fight. I believe that with practice a person could become mighty quick unseeing this method. I"m positive that today's machine guns have a much higher rate of fire, but for their time it was an advanced tactic.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    It has to be an inside jod like someone he knew, cause nothing was reported about other things being stolen.

Spidey sense is telling me the same thing.

Note to all buffoons: Never store anything you value in a big box unobserved for long periods of time at a dirt "farm".

Keep an eye out for ,"Pssst, anybody want to buy 20 or 30 AK's"?

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way

What about Lee models like this that have detachable magazines.

Top Bottom