• busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    To find the name and address of your Texas House member:
    Who Represents Me--Districts By Address

Post card stamps cost 34 cents (I keep a sheet of these stamps handy for GOA or NRA requests to my federal representatives).

Here's my current post card words; one to my TX House member and one to my Senator (Ken Paxton):

Honorable Rep. xxxxxxx,
    First and foremost, I want to encourage your support (& sponsorship) of Rep. Jonathan Strickland’s HB 195 concerning the so called “open carry” of handguns in the State of Texas. Texas is one of only five states that do not make provisions for its citizens to exercise this most basic right as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. This needs to be corrected. Secondly, if Rep. Strickland’s bill does not make progress in this session of the legislature, please offer your full and unconditional support to Rep. Daniel Flynn’s HB 106 (concerning the same topic). Passage of one of these two bills is of paramount importance to many, many Texans. Governor-elect Abbott has unequivocally stated, he will sign such a bill into law. Most respectfully, Dxxxxx Kxxxxx, McKinney(your district)

--
    If'n ya don't like my words, write your own in order to express your opinion. The important thing is to have some progress made on this issue during this session of the Legislature!
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Not against supporting the post office, but you know you can go to their website and email them the same message.

You get the same level clerk to read the info, and you often even get a generic email reply kind of touching on what you talked about.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yes, good point about the Email address. I should have mentioned that; you can click on the
    below photo of your House member and it will take you to email communication with them. And
    that tends to accomplish just about as much as you can do. Voicing your unsolicited opinion for
    the most part just becomes a "data point" to them - someone in their office keeps track of the
    various topics they receive comments on, and whether "the people" are for or against. Hopefully,
    if the representative gets enough opinions that run counter to his/her own, that will cause them
    to re-evaluate their position (especially if they expect to be re-elected in the future). It's just that
    I tend to send a post card on the "off chance" the representative does read some (or all) of his
    written communications received. Who knows what goes into their thinking? Perhaps they feel if
    someone has taken the time to write a postal note / snail mail (verses an email), they may feel the
    need to give that more attention (....yes, as a matter of fact I do have 'rose colored' glasses on!).
    Or as my wife says, "hope is the last to die."

Texas House of Representatives : House Members

I might recommend one change to the above note. Rather than referencing Dan Flynn's HB 106 as
    an alternative bill to HB 195, I think it would be better to substitute support for Rep. James White's
    HB 164

White's bill does two things differently: 1) it removes the requirement which defines what kind of
    holster is required to be used (specification of a two point retention holster is eliminated) and 2) it
    requires property owners to post additional signage (new 30.07) if they want to stop "open" carry
    on the property. Thus imposing yet another barrier for them to be legal (i.e., another sign, in
    addition to a 30.06 sign which would still control concealed carry).

Top Bottom