• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFTR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2013
    Fort Worth
    I have more than one old German Gew 88 on hand, The supply of Czech 1933 milsurp has effectively dried up. Lucky me, I have oodles of those enbloc clips and enough Czech built up to hold for a while. Along with a few commercial old 318 SP's. Meanwhile, I've been building a stock of 318 original German and Norma bullets. Which I will use to make my own flavors.

Question there in would be: How much luck has anyone had recycling the Romanian 8mm steel cases? It's time consuming to punch those berdans with a tempered steel drive pin. Been able to do it though. Save's mess that the water method makes. I'll end up with a nice stock of these eventually. Which of either 4320 or 4064 powder will produce an effective velocity of @2150 to 2350 fps? Bullets are 200gr boat tails and original flat tails.

Eventually I'll have a stock of brass cases built up. Slower going than the steel ones right now. New brass is either unobtainium or double what it was before Der Phooey Obamarama decided to use kids as gun control martyrs.
    Military Camp

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Best that I can tell, it's the same case as the .323 bullet, correct? All that's different is the bullet diameter? If so, I've been making .323 8mm Mauser out of .30-06 brass; just trim and resize in the correct die.

sent from deep space

DFTR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2013
    Fort Worth
    Best that I can tell, it's the same case as the .323 bullet, correct? All that's different is the bullet diameter? If so, I've been making .323 8mm Mauser out of .30-06 brass; just trim and resize in the correct die. /QUOTE]

Yes, same case. I did not consider 30-06 brass at all? And I even have some to try out (Savage 110 uses it)

Top Bottom