• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Underneath a red Neon when the first plane hit. After the second one... not much work got done that day. I remember the college my wife was going to, it was too damn quiet on campus. Unreal.

It was also unreal not seeing any aircraft in the sky.
    ARJ Defense ad

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Sitting in the library my senior year in hs watching cnn instead of being in class and watched it all unfold then war/draft hit me and kinda freaked out then.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Driving to a customer in Oklahoma City... still had the Ticket and heard them mention a "commuter" plane hit the WTC. THen the second plane hit. I got to my customer site, they had a TV in their office and we watched that for a bit and the guy I was there to meet said to come back next week... I checked inot the Hilton Garden on Reno and checked in with th emain office, they were inventorying us (we almost always fly) and seeing who might be avialable to work in support of FEMA operations. Later that afternoon, the fire alarm in the hotel went off. I've never seen a hotel empty out that fast... THe next morning, I drove home to the Mound. Another think I recall was sitting on our patio having a drink that afternoon and realizing there was no aircraft sound... then I heard a high pitched whine and a pair of F18's from Carswell came wheeling over on CAP... really strange.

Jeff B.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I was on a range qualifying with my M4 on Ft. Bragg. When we got news of what was going on, we all went back to the barracks and about 20 mins later got word that we were to close and guard entry/exit to Ft. Bragg. (Bragg was an open base till 9/11, our unit was on DRF-1 (2 hour recall) at the time) and we controled base security for the next several months till the MP's took over.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I was in spanish class in high school. class stopped.

all I remember was the way i felt when the first tower imploded.

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I was getting ready for a job interview when my mother in law called and told my wife to turn on the T.V. We watched and saw the second plane hit, and my brother came by because he was skipping school. I told him I had a bad feeling that it wasn't over and by the time all four planes had crashed I had decided I did not want to go to the interview. I ended up joining the navy shortly there after, and my brother did the same after he graduated in May of 2002. I wish Clinton would have made the call to hit Bin Laden back in the 90's...when in doubt take 'em out.

JimmyGreen

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx
    I was a Jr in high school and I was in health class. For the first time that year, the students of Sam Houston High School sat quiet and watched as plane 2 hit the tower and as the towers collapsed. Since our school was right by the train tracks, once OIF and OEF kicked off we would see Abrams and SP's pass by on huge flatbed train cars... It seemed to stretch for miles and miles...

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I had just woken up and was getting ready for my first semester at TX State-San Marcos. My mother was watching TV and I happened to catch it right after the first one hit. Didn't go anywhere after that ... was glued to that TV.

On a side note ... I'm surprised by learning the ages of a lot of you ... surprised I'm older than a lot of y'all lol.

NEVER FORGET :patriot:

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I was working nights at the time so I was asleep, I don't watch the news very often so I got up and logged online. On AOL's homepage I saw a picture of the tower with burning flames and smoke and was thinking that it was an ad for a new movie coming out... I didn't find out till after 6pm when I got to work and still didn't really believe it for some time that night, except that one guy left work since his mother worked in one of the towers...

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I had just gotten back to my tent on Ali Al Salem air base in Kuwait, I had just turned the TV on and saw a plane hit the second tower, thinking it looked like a good movie. Then Bryant Gumble came on and I realized it wasn't a movie. Soon after reports of the Pentagon attack and the Flight 93 crash came on. Then the sirens started going off, and it was back to the Patriot site I went, Guards were issued full combat loads, instead of the normal 2 magazines. I remember watching the towers fall thinking, whoever did this is a dead man. Little did I know 8 years later we would still be searching for the SOB. Personally I think we should turn the whole region into a sheet of glass, and send Exxon in with radiation suits to restart the oil pumps. Just my 2 cents.

Sad thing is now if we ever catch him "you know who" would probably apologize for him having to hide from us all this time? How soon everyone forgets! I remember exactly where I was that day and will never forget! :patriot:

Attachments

• UncleSam.jpg
      UncleSam.jpg
      52.2 KB · Views: 113

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i was in 8th grade math class. first period i think. the teacher was out fo the room, but she left a news station on. soon it happened. i remember watching with some of my freinds, and mentioning that this was no accident, had to have been a terrorist act.
    (i had been a tom clancy fan for a few years already at this point and was reading Rainbow Six at the time)
    when those towers fell i was thinking oh my fucking god. i cant believe this. the teacher came abck into the room, and didnt even try to start class. infact even though school was in session, no classwork was done that day. i do remember being furious royally pissed that someone would have the audacity to attack the USA, especially a bunch of unarmed citizens.
    im even getting angry about it writing this.
    my question to this day is, isnt this why we have NORAD? where the hell where they?

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    Everytime I see 9:11 on a digital clock it gives me chills. My day started at 0500 and I was on the way to work. It was a new job, been there a week, and I had really been wondering if I made a mistake taking it. That morning half way to work, I turned around for some reason and went home. I called in sick and was watching the news while surfing the internet when the reports of the 1st plane hitting the tower broke. I watched the rest of it on TV, all day long. I don't know why I turned around that morning, but to this day I'm glad I was home.

As High-Cap 1911 said, I also lived near DFW airport. It was the weirdest feeling for days not seeing planes land and circle the airport.

For years as a kid I can remember people saying that my generation had no memorable moments. No JFK assasination, no war, nothing of consequence. 1st there was the terrible Challenger 7 explotion live on TV, and then this.

Lord, I wish I could still say that!!!!!!!!!!!! :patriot:

Phoebe Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    I was at the Nasa Hilton on Nasa Rd in Houston/Friendswood. At a work conference. Left the meeting to go back to my room to get something and had to walk through the bar. I heard someone yell "Twin Towers" and thought, "Oh wow, Ralph Sampson and Hakeem Olajuwon must have walked in." Crazy, but that's what I thought. (Rockets fans will know what I'm talking about.) Went to my room and came back down and walked through the bar and saw the second plane hit. I was sick. Sat there with my mouth open just staring. I walked back into the conference and told everyone what happened. We cancelled the conference and went to our rooms to pack and leave.

Driving home from the hotel to Houston, we had to pass NASA. NASA was told they might be a target and every employee there was piling out en masse'. Just getting past NASA was a challenge.

Driving home, I would look at other drivers and it's the first time that I felt a common denominator with every other driver on the road. I'd look at them and see the sorrow and fear and no words were necessary.

How paradoxical that tragedy would produce such unity and pride.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Everytime I see 9:11 on a digital clock it gives me chills.

As High-Cap 1911 said, I also lived near DFW airport. It was the weirdest feeling for days not seeing planes land and circle the airport.

For years as a kid I can remember people saying that my generation had no memorable moments. No JFK assasination, no war, nothing of consequence. 1st there was the terrible Challenger 7 explotion live on TV, and then this.

I get the same feeling when I see the 9:11 on a clock, and it happens more often than not...

Yeah, JFK was very quiet for a few days as well, it was only a stones throw across the bay from our house. The only thing that we heard were F-15 and F-16's buzzing around the city every once in awhile.

I remember being in kindergarten and the teachers pulling all the classes into the hallway to watch the launch on the AV cart; counting down to the launch, cheering, and then the explosion. The kids didnt understand, but the teachers started crying, turned the TV off, and hushed us into the classrooms, but then we knew. The rest of the day, and week after was very solemn. My grandmother still has clippings saved in a humongous scrap book of the disaster.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I was working for Goodson Dodge as a technician. I had noticed that the shop was completly empty. I found everyone standing around the TVs in the new car showroom. I remember my service manager walked up beside me and said well, we will not see you around here much longer. I got a phone call that same day to be ready to activate.

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    i was in 7th grade history and had absolutely no idea what the twin towers were, where they were located or why everyone was making such a big deal about it.. the teacher explained and i was heartbroken and wondered if we were next :( i had to be the big person that day for my little sister and try to keep it off the tv which was next to impossible because even the disney channel was showing it. i grew up a lot that day. and i still pray for their families. we need more moments of silence damn it.

Top Bottom