Join TexasGunTalk

9-11

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by txbikerman, Sep 10, 2013.

1. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Im new here and dont know if this has been done before. Where were you when you heard about the twin towers in nyc. Also if you knew or know of anyone personally invovled in it that day. I was working at Lockheed Martin in Grand Prairie. They told us to get out and they locked it down. As for personally knowing someone involved, my cousin was at the pentagon that day and thank god wasnt injured, but didnt get home til the next day. We need to remember this day. thanks

2. Vaquero

Vaquero San Saba Songbird

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    In an office.

Yahoo videos all day.
    Sure didn't accomplish much.

Don't know anyone that was close by.

3. dreyes89

dreyes89 Active Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    I was in the 7th grade, 2nd period in Whittier middle shool in san antonio.

4. AngeliaH

AngeliaH Life's Peachy TGT Supporter

Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    I was at home. Was a stay at home Mom back then. Neighbors all came to my apt and watched the news together.

5. GlockOwner

GlockOwner TGT Addict

Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    As for me, I was in highschool, either freshman or sophomore year, and I was walking the halls before classes started and saw a couple of teachers and a few students in a room watching something on the TV, I walked in to see what was happening. Didn't know anyone in the area.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  6. sonuvaTXgun

sonuvaTXgun TGT Addict

Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I was in the 3rd grade at football practice. Wasn't sure why all the coaches were so upset and telling us to go home. It wasn't but a few years later when I watched the videos of the plane crashes to fully grasp what had happened.

7. winchster

winchster Right Wing Extremist TGT Supporter

Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Working on a construction site in Arlington. Foreman's girlfriend called him and said a plane hit the WTC. We went to the office and listened to the radio, they sent the job home. I got home and watched the rest unfold on tv. That was the only time in my life I have witnessed something on the news that made me feel the type of anger I feel when my girls are threatened. The world changed that day, and I believe that we as a nation, should be reminded of how we felt watching that happen. There have been both positive and negative changes as a direct result, and my only wish is we learn. I did not know anyone directly affected.

8. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I was at home relaxing. My wife was on her way to Austin and heard about it on the radio. She called me and I turned the tv on.

I do not know anyone involved but I will never forget that day.

9. robertc1024

robertc1024 Moderator Staff Member Moderator TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    In Italy on a bicycle. Riding home, old ladies were shrieking "La Bomba, La Bomba" Got back to Florence with the wife and watched it on BBC. We were on the first plane back to the US out of Milan. F-16's flying circles over NYC and smoke still coming out of the ground. The plane sang the star spangled banner as we landed. I'll never forget.

10. Jakashh

Jakashh TGT Addict

Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    5th grade. Cop hosted class to talk about being a cop every certain day of the week. He came in late, confused, and freaking out while trying to explain it, but me being 10 didn't understand wth he was talking about till I got home and saw it on the news.

Years later in HS some girl did a presentation for speech class, her cousin or relative of some sort was in the building when the plane hit, but managed to escape. She interviewed her on a recorder and played it in class. Lady was laughing while telling the story about how she escaped the building. That never made sense.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013