• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    The local paper had a story along those lines today. Seniors in high school were just being born about the time this happened, so everyone currently in the public school system has had to learn about 9/11 in history class.

I know they can't teach what it was like to be around for the actual day, but I wasn't around for Pearl Harbor but got a pretty good understanding of it in history class. Hopefully the classes are still teaching what happened and not taking the political angle on it.

The biggest difference is that there's a LOT more recorded history of 9/11. Hundreds of hours of video.

102 minutes that changed America is an awesome production. Make sure your kids watch where people are jumping from the buildings to avoid being burned to death. Make them listen to when those people were hitting the covering over where the firefighters are. It's not just one or two people who jumped. It's dozens at least.

Have them watch Flight 93, and talk to them about the choices those brave passengers made.

I learned about Pearl Harbor in school. I watched 9/11 on live TV.
    Target Sports

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The biggest difference is that there's a LOT more recorded history of 9/11. Hundreds of hours of video.

Sure there's lots more video of 9/11, but the classroom isn't going to show much of it, and kids today have much more video and picture options to choose from when it comes to their off time. If anything, they're probably more aware of the conspiracy theories than the actual tragedy would be my guess.

Top Bottom