APOD Firearms

9-29-2020 debate/toddnjoyce commentary thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    @toddnjoyce

Todd:
    1601435823237.png

Last edited:

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    Pretty much a waste of time for me. Undecided voters got nothing to help them pick a candidate with all the interjections/bickering. To me, the debates only matter for the undecided. Like most of us the Trump and Biden bases already know who they're voting for.

Mute the mics when the other candidate is talking. Give 90secs to answer a question and 30secs for rebuttal. Add a time clock so we can all see.

What round for a debate? Another round of...preferably a strong liquor

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    It was the best and most entertaining thing on TV since Covid started. I loved it of course I thought Trump won and whenever biden could answer he used racist, clown, and liar to cover. I agree that he was given the answers in advance or I think he had contacts on and someone on his side had a teleprompter that he could only see. I love to see Trump work he don't take no shit from anyone. IMHO

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That was awesome.
    No it wasn't. It was like wrestling match when then referee is afraid of both wrestlers.
    I think Trump was the stronger and most assured. I think Trump missed a big chance to make a difference in people's minds with the question of calling out racists. Of any color.
    They both missed an opportunity with the one about violence at the polls.
    Other than,,,yup, pretty much a dumpster fire.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No it wasn't.

Was for me.

Debates are stupid, at least we got entertainment.

I agree, Trump missed opportunity to tell USA he named KKK a terrorist organization. That would have been even more awesome.

Watching liberal head explode on twitter and cnn/msnbc/etc is second only to 2016 election night.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    One thing Trump did tonight is made Biden abandon the far left/Sanders wing of the party, which is really now the majority and the power. And an added bonus......Biden would NOT answer the question of whether he would pack the courts and get rid of the filibuster. So essentially Biden lost support from the base AND lost support from the middle who would never support packing the courts.

Dan Bongino made these points post debate. Think he was spot on. Otherwise I thought it was off the rails and discombobulated as ****.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    One thing Trump did tonight is made Biden abandon the far left/Sanders wing of the party, which is really now the majority and the power. And an added bonus......Biden would NOT answer the question of whether he would pack the courts and get rid of the filibuster. So essentially Biden lost support from the base AND lost support from the middle who would never support packing the courts.

Dan Bongino made these points post debate. Think he was spot on. Otherwise I thought it was off the rails and discombobulated as ****.

I am not sure if you noticed but all of Bidens online rallies had almost no viewers.

In other words the left does not care what is said and did not watch even the debate. So Biden abandoning the far left changed nothing as far as the far left is concerned.

Now moderates might latch on to the fact he said that and he may gain some support there.

In my opinion

Trump came out looking like a Bully

Biden still has not made his platform clear. Other than My people will fix it. Orange man bad.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No it wasn't. It was like wrestling match when then referee is afraid of both wrestlers.
    I think Trump was the stronger and most assured. I think Trump missed a big chance to make a difference in people's minds with the question of calling out racists. Of any color.
    They both missed an opportunity with the one about violence at the polls.
    Other than,,,yup, pretty much a dumpster fire.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

As much as I dislike Wallace, he had no chance of controlling that mess. And I doubt anyone would.

Only thing he could have done is start cutting Mics. And that would have made for an even bigger shit show. The only power he really has is to say “please be quiet”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree. Trump needs to let Joe keep talking. The more he talks, the more he doesn't say anything and the more likely he is going to stumble over his tongue.

Kind of agree. But I also think that would lead to the media clipping Biden’s lies and propping them up as great rebuttals. Trump is used to the media bias so he doesn’t wait for them to correct things. He call shit out on the spot which has the extra effect of making sure any clips shown later have a background of “Lie. That’s a Lie. Not true” etc.

At the same time, Biden’s mistakes were buried in the bickering. Biden actually talked about how the green new deal would pay for itself after claiming he didn’t support it. Then pivoted to Cali g it the Biden plan. Then tried to say it was a different green new deal. But it’s buried in bickering. Just like his pivot away from antifa.

Biggest fault for Trump, IMO, was with the racist stuff. He should have said “screw all racists, but the Proud Boys aren’t part of that group and the media should stop telling lies about them”. Instead he said he would condemn them, then asked what to call them, then pivoted to the Proud Boys. It will be played as his unwillingness to call out and denounce white supremacy. He had an excellent opportunity there and totally blew it.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Wallace did better that I thought he would. But that was a pretty low bar to begin with. Actually I suppose he preformed pretty much spot on to what I thought he would. I was surprised that Wallace got on/corrected Biden - that was unexpected. Disheartened that Wallace did not ask biden to disavow Antifa but then that's expected. That Hunter biden came up in the debate is, I suppose, unsurprising but also irrelevant.

There is no way biden preforms as he did without knowing the questions in advance. NO WAY!

Maybe round 2 will be better - maybe it will not.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Good job Todd....LoL....My take is this...... Neither candidate swayed any undecided's to their side. Some are going to say Trump was rude and over aggressive. Some are going to say he was in command from start to finish. Biden probably did enough that his side is taking a collective sigh of relief this morning and count it has a moral victory in itself. Two more debates to go. I don't see much changing at this point.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’m not going to speculate on how Biden managed his performance until some concrete evidence comes out, because it won’t matter. He did how he did, and that’s what the supposedly somehow undecided people who’ve been under a rock for the last few years will decide how to vote if they get lost and somehow end up and a polling station by mistake.

I really don’t know that Trump has much to gain either way. Biden not looking senile may get a few votes. But for the most part I don’t see how anyone can be on the fence right now. Probably be an election that’s won or lost by a few percent in most swing states though, so every little bit matters for both of them.

Overall, I have to say Biden probably gained more from that debate than Trump simply by now going completely off track, falling asleep, or mumbling incoherently. If he had some sort of “help”, hopefully a whistleblower will drop the bombshell. Otherwise, it will be irrelevant because he will take the gains without consequence and we will just have to deal with it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Wallace did better that I thought he would. But that was a pretty low bar to begin with. Actually I suppose he preformed pretty much spot on to what I thought he would. I was surprised that Wallace got on/corrected Biden - that was unexpected. Disheartened that Wallace did not ask biden to disavow Antifa but then that's expected. That Hunter biden came up in the debate is, I suppose, unsurprising but also irrelevant.

There is no way biden preforms as he did without knowing the questions in advance. NO WAY!

Maybe round 2 will be better - maybe it will not.

Dougw1515,

I'd seriously bet that Biden, the HATEFUL/SENILE old man, who is NOT very smart, HAD the questions LONG before the "debate"/wrestling match and/or whatever name that anyone wants to call it.

ImVho, NOBODY, who has a job & wants to keep it, should even consider voting for ANY of the DIMocRAT EXTREMISTS in 2020.
    ("DIM" as in NOT smart & the "RATS" is self-explanatory.)

For all of his many faults (Which of us has NONE?), President Trump has done more to improve the economy of our Republic in 3.6 years than ALL of the LEFTIST DIMocRATS, combined.

NOTE: I would vote for DJT, regardless of anything else that he has done, as he (nearly singlehandedly) has ACTUALLY gotten MANY CONSTITIONALISTS seated on the US Courts. - Once Judge Amy Coney Barrett is ON the SCOTUS, I believe that the republic/our LIBERTY will be relatively safe for decades.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Good job Todd....LoL....My take is this...... Neither candidate swayed any undecided's to their side. Some are going to say Trump was rude and over aggressive. Some are going to say he was in command from start to finish. Biden probably did enough that his side is taking a collective sigh of relief this morning and count it has a moral victory in itself. Two more debates to go. I don't see much changing at this point.

Frank59,

FYI, the DIMocRATS are already saying on "social media" that there will be NO MORE debates between Trump & Biden.

yours, satx

Top Bottom