Guns International

9-29-2020 debate/toddnjoyce commentary thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    After having slept on it, here’s my thoughts:

1. Biden had more to lose than Trump did to gain. Biden didn’t lose anything.

2. Very few of the undecideds will use this to make up their mind, which puts Pence on the hot seat in Utah with Harris next week. I think that debate has more ability to sway the undecideds than either of the Trump/Biden debates unless Biden goes senile on stage.

3. Biden’s facial expressions were a tell and so was his temper. If Joe says “Come on man” or something similar, that’s usually followed by an angry remark. Trump never pushed really pushed any of those opportunities.

4. As for the facial expressions, towards the end Joe would go from looking active and excited zoned out. Those expressions started trickling in and became longer and more frequent as the event went on, so I think Biden had some sort of performance enhancer in his system. Based on his ability to stay relatively lucid throughout those changes leads me to believe it wasn’t his first rodeo on a go pill.
    Gun Zone Deals

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I watched all of it. Forced myself to watch it. Wanted to turn it off after about 10 minutes. That was the most annoying thing I’ve seen in a long time. Unreal.

Damn we need more choices. I’ll die on this hill (figuratively)

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Were the "debaters" allowed to have notes at their podium? Several times it was blatantly obvious that biden was reading from notes - looking down at the podium before and while responding to a question. I'm guessing they were.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Like most things in politics today, the debate is just another opportunity to talk to the base while ignoring or attacking the other guy. And it’s free national exposure.

Biden used that knowledge to it’s fullest last night.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yeah! The bar was set verrrrrry high for bidens debate performance!

Remain lucid for 90 minutes! And by hook or by crook he managed to do that - for the most part.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I didn't watch the debate. What is with this leftist screeching about Trump telling the white supremacists to "standby and wait"?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Trump was blind sided by the white supremacist question and it showed. Only time I saw him take a step back. Kinna like asking if you wife has sex with dogs or mule's. There was no good answer for Trump. An antifa re-direct was the best he could do.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It was a savage beat down like nothing I have ever seen.

Trump got Biden to refute the far left positions (I do not support GND), got Biden to make outright lies (my son never got any money from Russia), and of course there were dozens of Bidenisms where he lost his train of thought.

The entire left wants no more debates, that tells you how bad a beat down it was

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Trump came off as angry. Biden came off as calmer. Because of that I think Biden did the better job, I agree on muting the mics to stop the interruptions. Wallace was not good at keeping control. He had no business telling Trump on "say it." The debate, if that's what it was, should have been between the two candidates.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Trump was blind sided by the white supremacist question and it showed. Only time I saw him take a step back. Kinna like asking if you wife has sex with dogs or mule's. There was no good answer for Trump. An antifa re-direct was the best he could do.
    I don't think it was the white supremacist thing that was bad, it was that he knew it was a wrong inclusion of the militia... and that was gonna take more effort to untangle than he was being given.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Watched the first 5-10 minutes of it. It was a lot like two six year old kids arguing over who get to go down the slide first. Switched over to watch something else for a few. Came back and it was still two kids in a shouting match. What a joke.

If Trump would have just let Wallace ask the questions, and let Biden fully respond, a lot more positives for Trump could have been accomplished.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Heard a good theory this morning that the Biden campaign has been calling a lid on his schedule lately, meaning he won't appear or do anything that day, because they've been adjusting his sleeping schedule so he would be awake and alert at 9pm.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Heard a good theory this morning that the Biden campaign has been calling a lid on his schedule lately, meaning he won't appear or do anything that day, because they've been adjusting his sleeping schedule so he would be awake and alert at 9pm.
    From what I've heard in the analysis, it didn't seem to help.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

heard this, but in fairness this is a common tactic amongst a variety of occupations and situations

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    There is no way biden preforms as he did without knowing the questions in advance. NO WAY!

The questions were predictable... that is what debate prep is all about.

take is this...... Neither candidate swayed any undecided's to their side. Some are going to say Trump was rude and over aggressive.

I think the undecideds will be put off by Trumps personality and aggression. I hope it doesn't make a diff, because otherwise the election is still going to be about Trump haters vs Trump's job performance. And it's re-elections are always about perception of the economy.

Trump was blind sided by the white supremacist question and it showed.

He shouldn't have been. That was a predictable question. Show prep matters.

I don't think it was the white supremacist thing that was bad, it was that he knew it was a wrong inclusion of the militia... and that was gonna take more effort to untangle than he was being given.

That's what happens with a typical media question... 3 minutes of a speech to lie and setup the trap, then finally the one sentence to ask the question. That was a pretty good trap considering it would take more than 2 minutes to refute the basis of the attack.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Trump was blind sided by the white supremacist question and it showed. Only time I saw him take a step back.

Looked to me like he was fully expecting it. He jumped right out with a great answer:

TRUMP: “Sure, I’m prepared to do it, but I would say almost everything I see is from the left-wing not from the right-wing. I’m willing to do anything, I want to see peace…”

Where he seemed caught off guard was Wallace suggesting Proud Boys were a WSG when he was probably expecting KKK or Aryan Nation to be named.

PB from what I have seen is not a WSG, but a Nationalist group. They have black and Hispanic members and have supported minorities like Michelle Malkin.

Top Bottom