Join TexasGunTalk

9-9-2013: George Zimmerman in Custody After Gun Incident

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by 35Remington, Sep 9, 2013.

1. 35Remington

35Remington TGT Addict

Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    http://m.ksat.com/nationalnews/poli...ion/-/15998364/21851818/-/l8t3hj/-/index.html

George Zimmerman was taken into custody Monday after police said he threatened his wife and her father with a gun, CNN and The Associated Press reported.

"As of right now, he has been placed in investigative detention," Lake Mary, Fla., police spokesman Zach Hudson said.

Hudson said there were three parties involved in the altercation.

Since his acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin on July 13, George Zimmerman has been in the headlines several times. In late July, he reportedly helped a family escape from an overturned SUV. A report from the Seminole County Sheriff's Office confirmed his involvement.

More recently, Zimmerman has been pulled over in traffic not once, but twice. The first time, he was given a verbal warning for a traffic violation in Texas and reportedly told officers he had a firearm in his glove compartment. The second time was in Florida on Tuesday, when he was issued a $256 ticket for speeding.

2. kyletxria1911a1

kyletxria1911a1 TGT Addict

May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Man what is up with him??? Low profile comes to mind.. But no he dosent see it that way.

3. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 1, 2011
    "As of right now, he has been placed in investigative detention," Lake Mary, Fla., police spokesman Zach Hudson said.

And according to Fox News seconds before this post, he's already been released but remains on scene.

Needless to say a very fluid situation at this point but yeah, Zimmerman is having his share of problems since the acquittal.

4. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter

5. Skip

Skip TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I kinda wonder if he has the mentality of, well, my life us over anyway, WTH....WHO CARES!

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

6. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    His wife wants him to keep an insurance policy on himself with her the beneficiary, lol.....

7. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The guy is a **** magnet loser.

8. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If he winds up paying her alimony in the divorce then she will be able to take one out on him herself. I'm surprised she doesn't have one right now.

9. RstyShcklfrd

RstyShcklfrd TGT Addict

Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I didn't care before the trial. I didn't care during the trial. I didn't care after the trial.
    I. Still. Don't. Care.

....Meanwhile, we're still trying to figure out a way to invade Syria.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

10. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict Lifetime Member

May 25, 2009
    I'm with you there, but did you see what Miley did today? (I didn't but the news was muttering something about her).

We have a plan to invade Syria. Even have several options. That's the easy part. The hard part is, we don't want either side to win. What we should do is give both sides more bullets and let them keep shooting each other.