• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    As the oats had been harvested more than 2 weeks prior, I didn't expect much action from that field and had set up a feeder on the property to help congregate the hogs. The trail cam (which died after Day 1) had hog pics and there were tracks in the mud, so I knew they were around and coming. So I set up by the feeder and waited and waited.

No joy.

On the way out of the property, I decided to check by the harvested field and hoped to maybe catch a single boar or small sounder scrounging out the last of the oats from the ground. I was not really prepared for what awaited me, LOL.

Guns International

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Nice shooting. Would love to go on a good hog hunt, though I don't have the funds for night optics, so day hunts are all I can do. Got a sounder running down on my place, gonna put up a feeder and see if I can knock a few off.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Nice shooting. Would love to go on a good hog hunt, though I don't have the funds for night optics, so day hunts are all I can do. Got a sounder running down on my place, gonna put up a feeder and see if I can knock a few off.

I would suggest only running your feeder in the morning, after sun up. That way, the food is gone by evening. If you don't have a way to hunt at night, then you don't want to have the hogs attracted to the feeder to eat after hours. Eventually, they are bound to start showing up in the day time to eat.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Are you running out of targets?

That is the goal. We hunted there is Bosque County until we went 3 weeks straight without seeing any hogs. I think we finished up with 79 killed and recovered hogs (plus some we didn't recover). Regardless, we get cut off Sept 1 so the deer hunters and come and and set up to do their thing. We will get called back around February and start the sequence over again.

In the mean time, I am hunting places in north Texas, closer to home. It is always great to get a new property where hogs have not been pressured, but it doesn't take too long, usually, for the property to go from being a honey hole to a maintenance property with irregular pig occurrences. The nice thing about Bosque County was that the property we hunted had the only grain field for nearly a mile in any direction.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    That is the goal. We hunted there is Bosque County until we went 3 weeks straight without seeing any hogs. I think we finished up with 79 killed and recovered hogs (plus some we didn't recover). Regardless, we get cut off Sept 1 so the deer hunters and come and and set up to do their thing. We will get called back around February and start the sequence over again.

In the mean time, I am hunting places in north Texas, closer to home. It is always great to get a new property where hogs have not been pressured, but it doesn't take too long, usually, for the property to go from being a honey hole to a maintenance property with irregular pig occurrences. The nice thing about Bosque County was that the property we hunted had the only grain field for nearly a mile in any direction.
    Wow1 I thought I was being facetious.

Top Bottom