• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    And there it is....right from the comments.

Story time:

My liberal sister had a stupid husky that had this problem. He was a complete menace and was undisciplined. He was over protective of every female, growled at every male and had severe food aggression. Leave it up to my dumb ass sister to get a dog like that to coop up in a small apartment all day. and of course God forbid you try to break the dog in with some training or correct him, it was you that was the problem. Anyways:

One time I came home on leave ( I was 18) and he got out of the yard at the family house in NC. I chased him for a good mile before I caught him. I was walking him back to the house by his collar and he flipped his head around and bit my forearm hard. I picked him up and punched him right in the face as hard as I could. Im not even exaggerating. He stumbled a bit and I thought for sure he was going to drop dead. I felt pretty bad for about a second but I am a fighter and not a flighter and this asshole bit my arm hard enough to where he tore off skin. Threaten my life and I am going to punch you in the face at a minimum you stupid fur coat wearing asshole. After that, he was alright. She eventually gave him to a husky breeder. Good riddance but I don't even blame him really, I blame my sister for being a tard and getting a dog like that in the first place. Good luck trying to tell her that she is wrong though.

Love dogs but that one was a real cocksucker lol and so no one gets it twisted, here is my GSD. The only person she is biting is the crackhead down the street when he comes on my property:

IMG_6454.PNG
    Target Sports

Attachments

• IMG_6454.PNG
      IMG_6454.PNG
      302.6 KB · Views: 528

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have a Pit. A little Red Nose. The only time she gets at all vicious is when you interfere with chasing bubbles.
    She is loving, affectionate and headstrong but knows that every human in the house is boss.
    I don't care who brings what kind of dog into the home. They pick their favorite human and it is not uncommon for them to protect that person over the others.

IIRC from a chart of dog attacks, smaller breeds actually tend to be far more aggressive and dangerous. Larger dogs tend to give more sensational wounds.
    It is kind of like the argument against ARs. When controlled they are not dangerous. But too many see them as dangerous because of the actions of a few uncontrolled ones.
    Now there are places that want to ban them because of a few irresponsible owners while ignoring the millions that belong to responsible owners that will never hurt anyone.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have a Pit. A little Red Nose. The only time she gets at all vicious is when you interfere with chasing bubbles.
    She is loving, affectionate and headstrong but knows that every human in the house is boss.
    I don't care who brings what kind of dog into the home. They pick their favorite human and it is not uncommon for them to protect that person over the others.

IIRC from a chart of dog attacks, smaller breeds actually tend to be far more aggressive and dangerous. Larger dogs tend to give more sensational wounds.
    It is kind of like the argument against ARs. When controlled they are not dangerous. But too many see them as dangerous because of the actions of a few uncontrolled ones.
    Now there are places that want to ban them because of a few irresponsible owners while ignoring the millions that belong to responsible owners that will never hurt anyone.

She is a little short on teeth as well if I remember correctly ;)

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels

statistically, the tiny breeds bite way more people than the larger breeds. Toy poodles, Maltese, Chihuahua, etc. you can certainly call them viscous, but they probably are not deadly.

and I get a lot of folks have bull dogs, American Staffordshire terriers, mastiffs, etc., that are well mannered.

Some folks equate these dogs to guns, both can be dangerous, but dogs are NOT guns. Guns take a mechanical action to fire. Dogs can attack on their own.

I can put a dozen loaded guns on a table in a room full of kids playing. If no one touches or can reach the guns, nothing can happen. Set a dog in that room with kids and there is always a possibility for a kid to get bit.

I have and love dogs. I’m not scared of dogs, and am a huge Ceasar Milan fan. But I am also a realist....shit with any animal can go sideways right now and without warning. The thing with the guard breeds is they can do a lot of damage fast. And when there are several, that pack hunter instinct can become deadly fast.

The human must establish and maintain dominance, especially with strong willed dogs. But when that pack leader role is missing, Snoopy will gladly fill in.

Last edited:

allusmorgans

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2016
    Plano
    We lived next to some folks who had four border collies. They'd go nuts whenever someone tried to pull in the driveway. They bit through the sidewalls of my tires. Never seen anything like it. I think they were mean because of their owners. I'm sure breeds play a role in behavior but so do crummy owners.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    We lived next to some folks who had four border collies. They'd go nuts whenever someone tried to pull in the driveway. They bit through the sidewalls of my tires. Never seen anything like it. I think they were mean because of their owners. I'm sure breeds play a role in behavior but so do crummy owners.

They were heeling your vehicle. That is a hardwired behavior in cattle dogs. It can be trained out of them but it takes a little effort on the part of the pants wearing chimps that feed them.

allusmorgans

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2016
    Plano
    They were heeling your vehicle. That is a hardwired behavior in cattle dogs. It can be trained out of them but it takes a little effort on the part of the pants wearing chimps that feed them.
    That makes a ton of sense! I hadn't looked at it like that. You never know what you'll learn in a day. Thanks! I'm a little less annoyed about it now.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm

I’m not too sure about the heeling dog theory. My friend had a Lab that did the same. He bit thru the side wall of one of my tires. He also bit thru the tire on a large commercial truck that was picking up a dumpster. I’ve been around quite a few pure bred “working” Border Collies and have never seen that behavior out of them.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    She is a little short on teeth as well if I remember correctly ;)
    Actually no.
    Me and the vet determined that her lower jaws is deformed for some reason. It is about 1inch too short. It was causing her lower canines to poke holes in her gums behind th uppers making it look like she was missing teeth. It affects how she picks things up and drinks, leaks like a sieve but otherwise not to much. Any scolding though and she acts like you beat her with a 2x4.
    She is just a little sweetheart.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I try to tell people to let the dog choose the master. And most of them will let the human be the Alpha. Too often people choose dog that they are not prepared to be Alpha to. The dog then becomes the alpha.
    They all came from wolves. And just like wolves, they either need an Alpha or they will become one.
    The biggest problem, people that get a breed of dog that they have no clue about their tendencies of behavior. Or how to handle or channel them in a non aggresive way. That will almost always result in a dog trying to be the Alpha or just plain aggression due to confusion about their role in the "pack" or just their place in the world in general.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Story time:

My liberal sister had a stupid husky that had this problem. He was a complete menace and was undisciplined. He was over protective of every female, growled at every male and had severe food aggression. Leave it up to my dumb ass sister to get a dog like that to coop up in a small apartment all day. and of course God forbid you try to break the dog in with some training or correct him, it was you that was the problem. Anyways:

One time I came home on leave ( I was 18) and he got out of the yard at the family house in NC. I chased him for a good mile before I caught him. I was walking him back to the house by his collar and he flipped his head around and bit my forearm hard. I picked him up and punched him right in the face as hard as I could. Im not even exaggerating. He stumbled a bit and I thought for sure he was going to drop dead. I felt pretty bad for about a second but I am a fighter and not a flighter and this ******* bit my arm hard enough to where he tore off skin. Threaten my life and I am going to punch you in the face at a minimum you stupid fur coat wearing *******. After that, he was alright. She eventually gave him to a husky breeder. Good riddance but I don't even blame him really, I blame my sister for being a tard and getting a dog like that in the first place. Good luck trying to tell her that she is wrong though.

Love dogs but that one was a real cocksucker lol and so no one gets it twisted, here is my GSD. The only person she is biting is the crackhead down the street when he comes on my property:

View attachment 190151
    Sounds like your sister bought a dog that she thought was pretty. Had a husky in high school. They are intelligent dogs. They like to run, explore and dig. They can be stubborn. Owner has to be the alpha. They want a job and know who is in charge.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Sounds like your sister bought a dog that she thought was pretty. Had a husky in high school. They are intelligent dogs. They like to run, explore and dig. They can be stubborn. Owner has to be the alpha. They want a job and know who is in charge.
    Yea she is special

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Check out the Monks of New Skete. They have written many books on dog behavior and training. How to be your dog's best friend is especially insightful to understanding pack psychology. When you understand why they do what they do, you can learn to be alpha. I raised and trained many Rottweilers and found their insights valuable.

Dogs don't come with an owners manual, take a little time to learn, you'll both be happier for it.

allusmorgans

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2016
    Plano
    Check out the Monks of New Skete. They have written many books on dog behavior and training. How to be your dog's best friend is especially insightful to understanding pack psychology. When you understand why they do what they do, you can learn to be alpha. I raised and trained many Rottweilers and found their insights valuable.

Dogs don't come with an owners manual, take a little time to learn, you'll both be happier for it.
    That's a fascinating site. I'm going to look into their books. Thank you for sharing it.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    You should check out Richard Wolters' books too. Gun Dog, Family Dog, etc. They taught me a lot not only about dogs in general, but having great hunting buddies.

Top Bottom