• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanStan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2014
    Hello I come here because some of what I read on this site seems like some of you know your stuff. Please if you got any ideas or fixes respond. =))

Ok so here goes. I bought a stanza for 300$ then I bought another stanza for 600$ and drove that one 400 miles to home luckily without blowing up as a b0mb. I made one Stanza out of the two and the one I've got ironed out to one remaining issue.

So far have done a full emission removal, replaced head and gasket, replaced carrier bearing that was seized for 400+ miles, new TPS, to much to list.... but here is the issue that persists. It surges... did on the 400 mile trip... has not stoped yet... not the normal surge... It is an front wheel drive automatic KA24E.

With the ignition power on (engine off) and I move throttle i hear a buzz from the top mounted¿
    wtf.gif
    transmission pan(noticed when setting tps voltage). Seems when it surges the transmission makes a buzz noise.. not sure if the two correlate or not.

Sometimes going up a hill it is hard to go over 40 mph due to when it is surging it seems to almost get stuck in the surge fit and lose a lot of power.

The transmission and engine were replaced at some point and they both seem in good shape and always shifts fine EXCEPT sometimes it does not want to hit overdrive(but only sometimes?? Maybe when cold fluid?).

I do have an exhaust leak before the O2 which I intend to address and correct tomorrow(luck be with me)... Could this be the entire issue?

Any suggestions or assistance would be Greatly appreciated.

I want to get this fixed... a lot of effort into this car for my wife but it surges to bad for me to let her drive it
    Target Sports

DanStan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2014
    I'd scrap it and not waste another dime or bust another knuckle. Maybe find a used Camry in good running condition for her to putt around in.

Yeah if only I had the money to do anything of the sort I would have done that weeks ago when our local "machinist" ruined a head for me. =(( Im rather stuck with it and on it. I do enjoy the ride of the car and it is built on Datsun "bluebird" chassis so it is pretty solid car. KA24E said to be good engines and not hard to work on thus far its just this issue... the only I have left to get fixed. Probably the trans is going out... hope not but no idea what other it could be. I watch the tach when it is happening and I do not see any obvious slipping with the tach but who knows??

Top Bottom