• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Well........... Some of you might remember my excited post about getting my new HiPoint 995.

Well the day came to go buy it. 10 miles down the road the water pump on the truck blows up. well we reschedule to the next week.
    Normally this sort of thing isnt a problem btu the dealer is appointmensts only. which is nice becasue it probably helps keep the prices down. (hes a great guy this post isnt a bash on him at all fantastic).

and as luck would happen the next week a day or two before tuesday! an old freind of the family (88 yers old) kicks the bnucket! and guess when the funeral is! so we rechedule for the next week.

the next week, after getting everythign fixed and all things worked out, we get down there to San Antonio, from New Braunfels.
    and there it is! sitting in its box ont eh table in front of me, i am filling out the form.

Well with my last three gun purchases i ahve had the same ID and lived at the same place. never had this problem before... and didnt even know it was a problem. but my address and my ID address are diffrent.
    and i findout i cant buy my new carbine with the ID i have currently! OMFG! what else can happen?

so we reschedule fro enxt week and i got back home .

today i get my new ID (albeit Temporary) and i get to work (where io am currently) only to find a new shcedule waiting for me!
    no tuesdays off for quite a while!
    I knew i shouldnt have asked whatelse could happen! so now it is going to be even longer before i can get all this straightened out.

oh well.
    i cant wait.
    I guess..........

actually adter that... i feel alot better.
    (carreer point music)
    Thanks TGT!!
    Target Sports

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Sounds like someone's trying to tell you something....."friends don't let friends buy Hi-Points". :p

Hey that's not right!!!
    Every man has the right to own a trailer park gun.
    I've got an HP 45 and every time I shoot it I feel soooo trailer trashy - Woo- Hoooo!!!!!
    Makes ya want to drink Lone Star beer and eat beef jerky, scratch your ass and belch real loud!!!

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Is what he's not telling you is that he just bought a new bass boat and is buying the Hipoint for its great anchoring ability. J/P

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Hey that's not right!!!
    Every man has the right to own a trailer park gun.
    I've got an HP 45 and every time I shoot it I feel soooo trailer trashy - Woo- Hoooo!!!!!
    Makes ya want to drink Lone Star beer and eat beef jerky, scratch your ass and belch real loud!!!

Ummm....What doesn't make somebody want to do that?

I don't know if you heard or not, but Lone Star is movin on up the totem pole. Milwaukee has been relegated to it's former duties.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Sounds like someone's trying to tell you something....."friends don't let friends buy Hi-Points". :p

I apoligize ahead of time for my brashness, but Hi-Points are the biggest, ugliest, pieces of crap, and I have no idea why anyone would waste the metal to even make one. I just have one other thing to say about it, if this is going to be your SD/HD weapon, and you ever have to use it, make sure you're one with the Almighty before you trust your life to it.

With that being said...

Rock on!

Brad L.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Hmmmmmm ? Everybody to their own notion, Ar-15, Galil, and Kalashnikov come to mind....Yep, even a canted sight, ugly as a mud fence decorated with rusty lizards Romy, cheapy that will speak 30 times in a loud voice ....

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I bought my 45 for a range gun and it is a lot of fun to shoot.
    Hits what it is aimed at and the weight actually keeps muzzle flip way down.
    Not something I would trust my like with by any means but a fun shooter.
    I have not found the 45 I want for HD yet. There are some many 45acp's to chose from so I'll keep looking till I find the one I like but till then, I have a range gun that was cheap and fun to shoot.
    All I can say is they do exactly what they were intended to do. Be a cheap gun.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    LoL lots of haters on this string!
    yeah they are ugly, yeah they are inexpensive, and from what i hear they yused to be peices of crap.

i got a C-9 a while back, though and it is heavy and ugly, but i have to say, it is accurate and reliable. and for the price it fills its place. a knockabout 9mm for plinking and HD. besides it has a lifetime warranty and is rated for +p+ ammo. where else are you goign to get that NIB for 150 bucks eh? i have to say, they are liek cats and i can see why, you either love em or hate em. i love mine. i havent missed with it yet! and ive put probably one or 2000 rnds through it already... i should prolly get around to cleaning it one day. oh btw, not a single fail to feed fire or funtion in general.
    and thats with everythign from independance to Ranger ammo.
    i dont plan on passing it down to my kids, or anything, im more curious to see how much abuse i can put it through before it falls apart. and when it does, i plan on testing out that warranty!
    i have already got more than 150 bucks of enjoyment out that little peice, so im happy with the purchase.

as for feeling trailor trashy, nah, now what does make me feel like a 6-pack of camoflauged cans of 16 oz busch is my Jennings .22 lr! haha which i got for the sole purpose of melting with rapid fire stingers.
    besides, i remeber the days when i moved out of my parents house and blew my savings acccount on a 17 ft travel trailer, and lived ina lot down near the river. hell 245 / month with allt he electricity and water i could waste! hell yeah! and bbq every night! PLUS i was right across fromt he liquor store, and there was always willing to go buy me a couple bottles of evan williams if i shared a few shots wiht em'.

even had a crossbow as a crack head deterrant! haha
    those where the days ;)

and i liek lone star? wtf? how welse can a amn drink 48 with a freind and not spend more than 22 bucks and change? geeze! comon! i always get shiner to start out, but once i get that buzz goin its lonesstar time! the national beer fo texas baby!

but i got off track

moral of the story,
    $$$ doesnt make the gun. sure your 3 thousand dolalr limited edition pistol with your 400 doallar trigger job and your crazy tricked out sights and pre-ban ivory grips and flashy chrome job look greeat, mauybe the trigger jobs hel;ps accuracy a little bit, but does all the flash and prestige of a brand name really matter that much when it comes to functionality? if you arent goingt o carry a peace around who cares if its heavy? if you arent going for resale vcalue or tryng to win a beauty pagant who cares if its pretty? if it is accurate and reliable it is a funtional weapon. period.
    now if you want folks to drool over your stuff at the range, and come up and ask you dumbassed questions about how much your grips ran you and if where you got that sweet looking hammer in the shape of gi joes dick, the hi point isnt for you, maybe you should spend 5 grand on a 1911, that shoots as well as 400 dollar .45.
    as for me, give me somethign i can hit a target with consistantly, and wont jam up on me, and im happy.

im not saying i dont drool over awesome pistols, 1911's included (even withtheir silly backstrap pressure switch safety thing) or anyhtign liek that, im jsut saying ive got better things to spend those extra thosands of dolalrs on, liek ammo for one thing! and freeze dried foodm, and pop tensts and radiation tablets and suits and optics.

geeze. this has turned into one of those long assed posts.
    hah!
    im here all night!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    LOL Hi Points are like...well, I can't come up with a polite analogy but let's just say everyone has one they have fun with but no one admits to it

Don't worry, it'll come around and your joy will be three fold.

Although the other idea could be right too. Maybe it shouldn't be.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I remember back in the early 70's when I got into gun's. All I could afford were Rugers. I caught all kinds of crap. Cheap want-a-be S&W, junk, trash, ect.. you name it I heard what a piece of crap Rugers were.
    Look at Rugers today. Those made back in the 50"s are still around in great numbers. They rival Colt and S&W and other brands now.
    All I can say is $$$$$ don't make a gun.
    Like I said, at this point I would not trust my life with it but that could change with more shooting and become more acquainted with the gun and brand.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    LOL Hi Points are like...well, I can't come up with a polite analogy but let's just say everyone has one they have fun with but no one admits to it

quote]

you where thinking of either mopeds or fat chicks
    ;););)

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Hey Wolfwood don't take the HP down for cleaning - not needed.
    Trust me on this one.
    They were designed to be spray washed out - LOL!!!!
    Lock the slide back, swab the barrel down and use break free or other gun cleaning solvent in a can and spray it out.
    What ever you do, do not remove the grips, they hold all the guts in and springs will go everywhere.
    When I got my 45 I stripped it and found out the gun was designed to be a low maintenance gun.
    There is really not much to get dirty other than the barrel.
    Very simple design that cleans easily with spray cleaner without taking the gun apart.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    yeah i have read that as well.
    didnt know about the grips thing though.
    thanks for the head up!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom