• ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    double stacks

Army, you'll have to watch your back next shoot. There's a few double-stackers in the group!

BTW, your Colt 380 is a sweet shooting pistol

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    caliber does not make a 1911. a lot of old folks try and talk shit about 9mm 1911s, claiming they are not real 1911s because blah blah "original colt 45 blah blah"..

what makes a 1911 is the trigger system. notice how on 1911s, the trigger blade is connected to a trigger bow, not a trigger bar. so the entire trigger moves rearward, thus making the shooter less likely to jerk.

on other guns, the top of the trigger blade is connected to a trigger bar, therefore only the bottom part of the trigger travels rearward.

THATS WHAT MAKES A 1911, A 1911!!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Wilson came out with 9mm 1911 mags not that long ago. Some of you guys with problems should look into trying one out.

My 2011 in 9mm from STI ran OK, the extractor had issues, but once that was fixed it ran just fine. It's hard to get around the fact that the 1911 frame is designed and optimized for a .45 Auto round, but the other chamberings seem to run fine with proper timing (read: build design and quality).

The nice thing about 9mm 1911s is that they have very little recoil. They are smooth shooters and you can run box after box through them even if you are recoil sensitive.

I would love to have a Colt Series 70 in 9mm along with a double stack STI again.

For defensive use, my personal opinion is in a single stack gun where I stand to gain little in capacity, then I will stick with the larger .45 round. Not saying I would feel or be inadequate with the 9mm round, but I personally would prefer the bigger round in that instance. In a double stack, I'll take 9mm all day.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I have been shooting 1911's for over 3 decades and when the different manufacturers started offering them in calibers other than 45acp I really took notice. I have two of them and love to shoot them both.
    A Springfield Loaded Target and a Para USA LTC Lightweight I really enjou carrying from time to time. Both are very accurate, very little recoil and neithe has had functioning problems. Like htexred said...it is not the caliber that makes it a 1911.
    SA9191115.jpg

LTC9NEWGRIP.jpg

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    caliber does not make a 1911. a lot of old folks try and talk shit about 9mm 1911s, claiming they are not real 1911s because blah blah "original colt 45 blah blah"..

what makes a 1911 is the trigger system. notice how on 1911s, the trigger blade is connected to a trigger bow, not a trigger bar. so the entire trigger moves rearward, thus making the shooter less likely to jerk.

on other guns, the top of the trigger blade is connected to a trigger bar, therefore only the bottom part of the trigger travels rearward.

THATS WHAT MAKES A 1911, A 1911!!

OLD FOLKS?????

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    9mm's suck! J/K! I have never shot a 9mm in a 1911 pistol, but I bet it would run great with a little tuneing. I personaly like the .40 S&W or the .45ACP but that is just me. Good thread!

Scott_F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    I can think of a few but I'm sure those reasons wouldn't stand when compared to the ego you place on the caliber. :rolleyes:

Cost - cheaper
    Handling - quicker on target after a shot; easier recoil for injured or disabled hands & wrists; lighter recoil spring; capacity

Baiting is not a good way to go on the forum. Contribute something worth reading. Yes as Navyguy posted 115+115 = 230.

I guess those who use a .45 don't use the technique of shooting until the threat is stopped? Are you certain the .45 will stop with one shot all the time?

Dude, he wasn't baiting, he was having some fun... let's not take ourselves to seriously.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Dude, he wasn't baiting, he was having some fun... let's not take ourselves to seriously.

Welcome to the forum, New Member Soctt_F. Hope you'll stick around long enough to learn the feel of the forum itself as well as them members.

Join us at local shoots. If you're in DFW I urge you to come out for our monthly TGT shoots - the next one on July 26th at Elm Fork @ 10am. You may meet me there and decide if I take myself too seriously or not ;)

Scott_F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    Welcome to the forum, New Member Soctt_F. Hope you'll stick around long enough to learn the feel of the forum itself as well as them members.

Join us at local shoots. If you're in DFW I urge you to come out for our monthly TGT shoots - the next one on July 26th at Elm Fork @ 10am. You may meet me there and decide if I take myself too seriously or not ;)

yep, us FNG's gotta watch it bustin' into a new forum. You just never know the history... good point taken. Thanks for the invite.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hehe shooting twice might be silly, but i personally find one two or three extras are alot more fun!

besides, keep squeezing till he hits the ground right? thats what tom clancy says ;)
    as far as 1911 9mms, hell yeah! thats agreat idea. and i want one.
    especially on with a double stack if they have em'

roman

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    I have a Tac Pro 9mm I am going to sell I love it though. No recoil and a 4" 1911 frame. What a dream.

Top Bottom