• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingsnake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Houston
    Information is now coming in as to the type of 9MM ammo purchased at Walmart and used in the Tucson shootings: low end FMJ practice ammo, what appears to be Winchester White Box.
    Images from TPD clearly show these rounds and they are a match for the ones subsequently discovered and turned in after the event. In addition, initial reports from the MSM also stated that "they were not hollow points".
    While recognizing that this was an unspeakable tragedy for the innocent people murdered and wounded by a certified lunatic, it is worth noting the decisive effect that these FMJ rounds had. Not having access to American premium hollowpoints (prohibited), I have seen it 1st hand overseas and in S America while working with local Military and Police.
    While we all want to carry the most effective ammo available, after 32 years experience I have learned to be more concerned with shot placement than caliber or bullet design, and not to argue about either.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I buy WWB Hollow Points for my .45 as they are cheap enough for me to practice with, and carry...I would have zero problem carrying FMJ as well..but since I have a choice, I go with the HP's...

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I've been through many boxes of White Box range ammo.

The fact that he was shooting FMJ round nose range ammo is probably why the lady is still alive. If he'd been using a more deadly round, she would likely have been dead on the scene. I guess this lunatic's lack of knowledge regarding ammunition might have saved her life in an odd way.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Ball ammo has killed tons of people over the years. In fact, a lot of people died from rounds that are much more anemic than the main pistol rounds being sold today.

The Moral of the story is that evil exists and it can only be stopped by good people standing up against it.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've been through many boxes of White Box range ammo.

The fact that he was shooting FMJ round nose range ammo is probably why the lady is still alive. If he'd been using a more deadly round, she would likely have been dead on the scene. I guess this lunatic's lack of knowledge regarding ammunition might have saved her life in an odd way.

I totally agree. Any type of hollow point would not have exited cleanly and she would no doubt be in much worse condition.

jtkingiv

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    CA
    I agree with you. Any round going through your body if placed correctly will kill you. Thank God he wasn't using defensive rounds. There would have been more damage to the wounded.

Top Bottom