Hurley's Gold

9mm AR Pistol - Carbine - SBR Suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Keep in mind they are a small business and catering to a big boom.

ive been trying to buy a 7.62*39 pistol upper from PSA and having a helluva time waiting.

Just the times we are in...

I just got one of those recently. Join the notify me and then be quick when you are notified. I am waiting on a .22lr upper.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    with the quality of braces available, I’d rather go that route than SBR, honestly.

speaking of getting deals online; PSA’s motto should be Carpe Diem I’m constantly missing out on some of their uppers.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Question. I chopped the beaver tail off of both of my M&P's. They should fit and work just fine, right? The door pushes up past the beaver tail?
    I have the Glock one so I can't say for sure, but mine only covers the last 1/8" or so. The main attachment is via the rail so you'll probably still be fine.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I have the Glock one so I can't say for sure, but mine only covers the last 1/8" or so. The main attachment is via the rail so you'll probably still be fine.

So would you say, that even without the rear door, it would be locked in place?

Texasmade94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Dallas
    Non at platform I agree with the CZ scorpion... buddy has one and it is an awesome little gun.

additionally I like the ar45 with some subsonic rounds and a silencer... quite the home defense option

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Well, since I don't have much patience this happened today.

ofcE4tw.jpg

Attachments

• ofcE4tw.jpg
      ofcE4tw.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 627

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

Is that you?

You have a damn radio broadcast voice man hahaha. A lot of people complain that the light isn't bright enough and I thought it was junk. I guess nobody knows you press it twice to get it to be bright.

I would had loved to have it, but I figured since I would be putting my pistol in the kit and have to take the surefire off, I'd just throw the surefire on the top rail.

Now buy a laser and do a review on the laser! Awesome review by the way.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Is that you?

You have a damn radio broadcast voice man hahaha. A lot of people complain that the light isn't bright enough and I thought it was junk. I guess nobody knows you press it twice to get it to be bright.

I would had loved to have it, but I figured since I would be putting my pistol in the kit and have to take the surefire off, I'd just throw the surefire on the top rail.

Now buy a laser and do a review on the laser! Awesome review by the way.
    haha, yeah that's me. Thanks, man! I don't really understand the point of the other modes. Fortunately it remembers the last mode used, so once you put it in high it'll come back on at high with just one press.

Lasers are silly; won't be buying one ;)

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    haha, yeah that's me. Thanks, man! I don't really understand the point of the other modes. Fortunately it remembers the last mode used, so once you put it in high it'll come back on at high with just one press.

Lasers are silly; won't be buying one ;)

Why do you think lasers are silly? Really interested in your perspective, because if there is some fact in there, and some convincing opinion, I'd like to know so I can trade it for the light. I would had got the light, I just figured why get the light when I'll have the pistol's surefire sitting around when its in the MCK. So may as well fill that space with the laser...

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    @TheDan

Welp...

Uhhhh pissed off. I got my MCKs in today and they broke. BOTH of them. The design of the tabs that hold the magazine is is seriously flawed. They are thin polymer and face down, so when you put the mags in the spare mag holder, if you're not new born baby careful, they snap, in which case both MCK's tabs did.

Can barely put a mag in imaging going into prone with it and the mag hits the ground! PIIIIISSED OFF. I made a video to show them the issue so hopefully they won'e fault me.

First, the Hartman red dot breaks. I wait a year to be given credit and now this... NEVER buying another CAA product EVEN if they replace them without issue. I'm sure the ones for the glock are fine, as the tabs are sideways, but I don't own a glock and I'm not going to buy one just for this junk.

Sad...

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Why do you think lasers are silly?
    They just seem gimmicky to me. Unless you're talking about an IR designator or illuminator, but I don't have a use for those. If you like them then don't let me stop you :laughing:

@TheDan

Welp...

Uhhhh pissed off. I got my MCKs in today and they broke. BOTH of them. The design of the tabs that hold the magazine is is seriously flawed. They are thin polymer and face down, so when you put the mags in the spare mag holder, if you're not new born baby careful, they snap, in which case both MCK's tabs did.

Can barely put a mag in imaging going into prone with it and the mag hits the ground! PIIIIISSED OFF. I made a video to show them the issue so hopefully they won'e fault me.

First, the Hartman red dot breaks. I wait a year to be given credit and now this... NEVER buying another CAA product EVEN if they replace them without issue. I'm sure the ones for the glock are fine, as the tabs are sideways, but I don't own a glock and I'm not going to buy one just for this junk.

Sad...
    Damn, that sucks. I think they ruined a good product when they put the extra mags holders and stuff on it.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    They just seem gimmicky to me. Unless you're talking about an IR designator or illuminator, but I don't have a use for those. If you like them then don't let me stop you :laughing:

Damn, that sucks. I think they ruined a good product when they put the extra mags holders and stuff on it.

The only guns I have lasers on, are the ones I carry the most. The only reason why, was an ex DEA agent told me it saved his life when he was sitting in a car and couldn't access the sights. I guess he had it in his lap and just put the laser on the dudes face, but I agree with the gimmick thought. The ONLY reason I opted for it on the MCK, is I would be putting the M&P surefire on the top rail, and it'd be a shame having some dumb plug in there hahaha. SO, ultimately, it looks cool and the gun ignorants LOVE shit like that.

Top Bottom