Capitol Armory ad

9mm AR Pistol - Carbine - SBR Suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    LOL.......P365 gives 10+1 in a sub compact package.

You can pocket carry a P365 it's so small.

I actually don't much like tiny guns. I did a chop on one of my M&Ps just to accommodate a compact mag but stay with a FS slide. My wife carries a ruger sr9. It kills me. I have no idea why.
    Texas SOT

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I actually don't much like tiny guns. I did a chop on one of my M&Ps just to accommodate a compact mag but stay with a FS slide. My wife carries a ruger sr9. It kills me. I have no idea why.
    You are missing out.......Try the Sig.......shoots nice.....I sometimes even carry a Keltec P-32 in summer weight shorts......in the pocket. It is a mouse gun but I wouldn't want to be shot with it.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Ive messed around with the ronis. Meh. Get the endo adapter. If you have a gen 4 or 5, shave off some material from the adapter and enjoy
    20200510_235104.jpg

Attachments

• 20200510_235104.jpg
      20200510_235104.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 533

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015

Attachments

• jP1nY3Rh.jpg
      jP1nY3Rh.jpg
      152.7 KB · Views: 343
    • PYQ67gxh.jpg
      PYQ67gxh.jpg
      47.9 KB · Views: 299
    • 1OTb9TVh.jpg
      1OTb9TVh.jpg
      115.3 KB · Views: 498
    • JvjpxUCh.jpg
      JvjpxUCh.jpg
      89.2 KB · Views: 367
    • pSLAgOkh.jpg
      pSLAgOkh.jpg
      121.6 KB · Views: 372

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have 550 in credit with CAA but I don't know what to get. I want the one for M&P but the gen 2's are only out for the Glock and I don't have a Glock. So now I'm wondering if I get the gen 2 for a Glock, and buy a Glock, get the gen 1 for the M&P, or leave the credit for a year until they come out with a gen 2 for the M&P...
    I picked up my Roni before they had an M&P version so I bought a Glock specifically for it. :laughing: I wish I had waited for the M&P version to come out, as like you I much prefer the M&P over the Glock. It shoots fine, tho so not in a rush to buy the M&P version.

I like the gen1 Roni better than the gen2... The gen1 is a more svelte design.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I picked up my Roni before they had an M&P version so I bought a Glock specifically for it. :laughing: I wish I had waited for the M&P version to come out, as like you I much prefer the M&P over the Glock. It shoots fine, tho so not in a rush to buy the M&P version.

I like the gen1 Roni better than the gen2... The gen1 is a more svelte design.

Could you elaborate why you like the gen one more? Looks like I might be stuck with the gen one since they don't have a gen 2 for the M&P. Probably going to order one today, so looking forward to your reply.

Questions:

1. Do you have any issue with pulling the spare mag out?

2. Some people have reported the charging handle adaptor skipping a tooth and slipping back. Have you had this issue?

3. Do you have the light or laser that goes under the barrel, and if so, what are your thoughts on em?

4. I've heard the gen one brace bends too easy. Do you have that issue with it bending when you shoulder it?

Thanks man.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    IMO, leave the 9mm for handguns.

9mm carbines are for fun at the range.
    Don't get me wrong; can they be used as a home defense tool?.... sure they can, but you can't deny that there are much better options there for home defense.

You may find that you will sleep like a baby with a 12 ga Winchester 1300 Defender fully loaded with either Shot n ball or Buck n ball sleeping next to you. Just saying.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    If I can use the pistol next to my bed and fight my way over 18" to the safe, this is in there too.

ImpVrwo.jpg

along with much more. Then fight my way into the closet 20' away, much more available there too. I do like things that share ammo and magazines though, as well as military calibers now (9mm, 45acp, 5.56, 7.62x51 and 7.62x39). I like my AR9 as it only has a 5" barrel and is suppressed. Most of mine are. Firing the AR9 indoors isn't too bad. Firing the AR15 pistol indoors even with plugs and muffs isn't so pleasant. I can't even imagine what that would be like in a small enclosed area. I have one of these boxes with 5 AR15 mags, 5 AK47 mags, 5 Glock 21 mags and 5 Glock 19 mags in every closet in the house along with a box of buckshot with each one, just in case something happens.

giqIBLgh.jpg

Attachments

• ImpVrwo.jpg
      ImpVrwo.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 553
    • giqIBLgh.jpg
      giqIBLgh.jpg
      129.7 KB · Views: 486

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Could you elaborate why you like the gen one more? Looks like I might be stuck with the gen one since they don't have a gen 2 for the M&P. Probably going to order one today, so looking forward to your reply.

Questions:

1. Do you have any issue with pulling the spare mag out?

2. Some people have reported the charging handle adaptor skipping a tooth and slipping back. Have you had this issue?

3. Do you have the light or laser that goes under the barrel, and if so, what are your thoughts on em?

4. I've heard the gen one brace bends too easy. Do you have that issue with it bending when you shoulder it?

Thanks man.
    Mine doesn't have the extra mag holder. It's just the basic angle grip. I don't like having extra dangley bits, which is one of the reasons I prefer the gen1. The gen2 is also just a hair bulkier. I don't know if they needed to add more material because of issues or to support the extra stuff I don't want anyway.

I haven't had the charging handle slip. I'm not even sure how that's possible. It's pretty well captured by the chassis.

I just ordered the light; I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

I haven't really thought about the bendiness of the brace. I think it might actually be a little stiffer than the Sig brace I have on an AR pistol.
    ...and how dare you imply I "misuse" the product ;)

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    IMO, leave the 9mm for handguns.

9mm carbines are for fun at the range.
    Don't get me wrong; can they be used as a home defense tool?.... sure they can, but you can't deny that there are much better options there for home defense.

You may find that you will sleep like a baby with a 12 ga Winchester 1300 Defender fully loaded with either Shot n ball or Buck n ball sleeping next to you. Just saying.

Maybe you do, but I’d take the PCC over a shotgun pretty much every time for a home defense role. And I like that Winchester you mentioned a lot.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Mine doesn't have the extra mag holder. It's just the basic angle grip. I don't like having extra dangley bits, which is one of the reasons I prefer the gen1. The gen2 is also just a hair bulkier. I don't know if they needed to add more material because of issues or to support the extra stuff I don't want anyway.

I haven't had the charging handle slip. I'm not even sure how that's possible. It's pretty well captured by the chassis.

I just ordered the light; I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

I haven't really thought about the bendiness of the brace. I think it might actually be a little stiffer than the Sig brace I have on an AR pistol.
    ...and how dare you imply I "misuse" the product ;)

I just ordered two MCK kits for the M&P. One of them will come with a green laser, since when the M&P goes in the kit, the surefire on it can go on the top rail. Also got the thumb rests for both. I have two M&Ps so it's gonna be cool shooting with the 9 year old. One in black and the other in FDE. I think I'm going to spray glue multicam material on the FDE, in strategic places to make it FDE and MC. For one, I got the green laser and aluminum top rail, so I have to do the same for the second one when I can. Excited.

Top Bottom