Join TexasGunTalk

9mm Carbine Rifle thoughts...

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Reelthrill, Oct 19, 2018.

1. CyberWolf

CyberWolf Member

Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Cool, thanks!

Looking forward to hearing how it shoots!

2. sharkey

sharkey Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Just scanned a couple pages, did you end up with something?

I went the AR pistol route because I carry a G26 most days. Mine came as a complete pistol from ATI. It sports a Shockwave brace but will sport a SBA3 brace soon. I have a Bushnell RDS and a light on it and it rides in the back of the SUV for any SHTF situations. Headshots at 50yards are easy and for an urban set up, I think it does pretty well.

DD130 likes this.
  3. DD130

DD130 Active Member

Aug 21, 2017
    San Antonio
    The Poly80s I have certainly won't slide inther without a bunch of mods to the rail and area ahead of the trigger guard... gut OMG... the way the barrel wafts around in that.... *thing*. You need to use your own slide too.... looks like a terrible solution to a question nobody posed. gak.

4. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Why would you say such a thing? I've heard the audio of the shooting and immediately thought, that's no full auto, that guy is using a bump stock.

DD130 likes this.
  5. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Are you talking about the video of the guy with the KPOS and 16" Glock barrel? The whole pistol is inserted, so yeah the barrel is going to tilt when it unlocks just like it normally does. Looks more dramatic than normal because of the length of it. I'm kinda surprised it still functions with all that extra mass, tho...

6. CyberWolf

CyberWolf Member

Aug 22, 2018
    US
    As someone with a reasonable amount of experience firing select-fire & full-auto belt-fed weapons (going back to before I was old enough to drive), I came to the exact opposite conclusion after listening to a number of videos of the event posted.

It was even possible to discern simultaneous firing of multiple weapons platforms just with a "naked ear", none of which exhibited the cyclic-rate variances common to bump-stocks (or binary fcg's, for that matter).

And if that wasn't enough, there was an independant analysis video posted shortly after (not sure if it's still up) by a firm which specializes in spacial-acoustic forensic analysis, which scientifically debunked the single-shooter narrative with hard physics...

Combine that with an ever-changing story, enormously suspect witnesses (and body-language of LVPD/FBI spokespersons), and lack of any official video from a place where I'd be suprised if you could scratch your balls outside of a restroom/suite without being seen by at least several cameras, and the whole thing reeks of absolute bullshit...

I doubt we'll ever know what actually happened, beyond the knowledge that whatever it was, no friggin way it went down like the media & investigating agencies described...

ETA: wanted to respond to the question, but not derail this thread; back on topic...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    DD130, sharkey, deemus and 1 other person like this.
  7. DD130

DD130 Active Member

Aug 21, 2017
    San Antonio
    Yeah.. just looks pretty weird. For the price (is it really $1100??? :o ) I'd rather have a purpose built CZ EVO3 and a pile of cash left over for ammo and mags. Just because I don't get it; doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad product.

8. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That's what dude said the total was in the video... nucking futz for what it is IMO

Darqhelmet and DD130 like this.
  9. HKShooter65

HKShooter65 Well-Known

Where is my gosh-darn foil hat when I need it?

diesel1959 likes this.