• ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    XD9subcompact. 10 rounds.

They now have 13 round mags for the XD9SC and it is really snug and low key in a middle of back holster... In the summertime in Texas it is super easy to slide this in the back of the waistband and an extra two mags in the car and one in the pocket... I mean you never get into those situations... but really who wouldn't be comfortable with a reliable 9mm loaded with hollow points... and not just 13 + 1 but 53 beautiful hollow point rounds... gorgeous...

I would recommend if you do go with the XD9SC to pick up Pearce grips for all of your flush mags... They are just like heaven while shooting...
    Military Camp

occunknown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    I carry a Beretta Px4 Storm 9mil in a crossbreed super tuck every day. I have gone threw a few other guns before being content and comfortable with the whole package. I can get in the truck and drive for hours and not even notice I have my gun on. You will most likely think smaller is better at first, but my self a pocket gun is not my first choice, by this I mean a small cal I would put in a coat pocket when ridding my bike. My wife has a good selection of guns she carries now due to my learning curve.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I have an XDm-9, but it's too big (for me) to carry ... I'm retired and rarely dress in more than a t-shirt or tank top and shorts ... my 9mm carry gun is a Kahr PM-9 in a front pocket in a Mika holster ... lightweight, 6+1 capacity, DA, easy to shoot and mine has been absolutely reliable with no failures from right out of the box ... it's more than an XD, less than your other choices ... I recommend it highly ...

pmcbear04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    anyone out there carry a springfield 1911 champion (4" barrel)? pretty pricey piece of equipment but one of the best out there from what I have gathered. Inputs appreciated. Thinking about trading my XD.45 compact up for this weapon.

Erin0129

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Dallas
    I have a sig sp2022 pro I love it and I will be getting my CHL soon also it has a double stach mag which holds 15 rounds. Ive only had a couple of weeks so far and put about 400 rounds through it and no jams. price on these are about 500-600 depending where you go.

Erin0129

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Dallas
    My dad has carried a springfield and he liked it he was trying to get me to get one but with 200 dollar difference than the sig I decided with sig. but he said its a very good gun.

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    I'm carrying a Kahr PM9 now and have since 2003 (with several years break for being outta state w/no CHL) but lately I'm thinking I could get away with carrying the Glock 21 IWB with the right holster. I do tend to wear baggy shirts untucked all the time.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I have an XDm-9, but it's too big (for me) to carry ... I'm retired and rarely dress in more than a t-shirt or tank top and shorts ... my 9mm carry gun is a Kahr PM-9 in a front pocket in a Mika holster ... lightweight, 6+1 capacity, DA, easy to shoot and mine has been absolutely reliable with no failures from right out of the box ... it's more than an XD, less than your other choices ... I recommend it highly ...

Now the PM9 is a little smaller than the CW9 right? I think the latter is the one that I liked the feeling of better. Any differences between the two? I agree the XDM9 is kin of obscenely big... I mean I love the XD9SC and even the XD9 compact but the XDM is just awkward in the hand... I love the handle that they went to... it reminds me a lot of a Walther... but the top doesn't match the bottom like it should...

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    For concealed carry I carried a G26 a few years back and had no problems. It was very resistant to my sweaty lovehandles.
    I would go with an XD if need be today.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Walther P99QA

Thinking of carrying my Walther P99QA until I try on more guns. How do many of y'all buy all these weapons - new or used? Just wondering since buying one is not enough...always gonna want to buy more.

lastchance1701d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    I have to second the Sig P239. I carry a subcompact XD 9mm during the summer, its a great gun and light... a little chunky though, width-wise. I shot my friends P239 that he carries. Its a single stack 9mm or you can get it in .40 S&W I believe...anyways it had the feel and accuracy of a 1911 due to its slim profile and all metal frame. It was extremely accurate, but they are around $800-900 last time I looked. The XD-9 I bought for $500, and if you like the XDM you should take a look at the subcompact XD, its perfect for carry.

Top Bottom