• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The 9th has always been in left field. And has had an embarrassingly nigh number of decisions overturned by SCOTUS.

They need to read Heller.

Of course, with Scalia gone their decision could stand on a 4-4 SCOTUS split.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Yup our side would be dumb to appeal this right now. They need to wait to see if we get a pro 2a SCOTUS replacement.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    The USA under Hillary will be a bad place and if the Dems get a majority in both Houses.....

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Every pro-2nd amendment American needs to get out in November and vote for Trump. There is simply, truly, no other option.

Well, there's a third option, but no one has the courage to go against the two party system and do it, so we're really screwed either way. :(

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions.

There are some issues I don’t want to say much about. I support a woman’s right to choose, for example, but I am uncomfortable with the procedures. When Tim Russert asked me on Meet the Press if I would ban partial-birth abortion if I were president, my pro-choice instincts led me to say no.

We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan, as many individual states are doing.

“Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her.”

“We must have universal health care. …Our objective [should be] to make reforms for the moment and, longer term, to find an equivalent of the single-payer plan that is affordable, well-administered, and provides freedom of choice. “

Let's not forget that he was also a Democrat not so long ago, and that he has given Democratic Party and the Clinton Foundation millions of dollars in donations.

texasjohnboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    North Texas
    You know what Hillary will do to the SCOTUS. You at least have a shot with Trump that it won't be a ridiculously left wing gun grabbing judge appointee (or two, or three, or four...)

And a third party candidate won't do anything except split the Republican vote. (Or Democratic? Maybe Bernie will stay in, ha!) Maybe one day we'll break out of the two party system, but it ain't 2016.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You know what Hillary will do to the SCOTUS. You at least have a shot with Trump that it won't be a ridiculously left wing gun grabbing judge appointee (or two, or three, or four...)

And a third party candidate won't do anything except split the Republican vote. (Or Democratic? Maybe Bernie will stay in, ha!) Maybe one day we'll break out of the two party system, but it ain't 2016.

You have more faith in Trump than I do.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Unless 2016 is what starts it.

My vote is going to depend on Trump's VP pick.

I might vote Johnson for President and Republican for my Congresscritters.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Big surprise: The 9th Circus rules in favor of the Soviet.

It's what these clowns do, time after time. Nikita Khrushchev would be amazed at how much of the USA has been taken over my commies with even being invaded.

We don't need a wall; we need two. One to keep out the illegal immigrants and one to separate us from the Left Coast and the Northeast Corridor.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A strong third party candidate (Republican) running as an independent might have kept hillary short of the minimum and thrown the election into the House. Thus assuring the "third party" got the WH.

But the deadline has passed in Texas and some other states for third party filing. So it it probably too late.

I do like the SCOTUS nominee list Trump put out.

But I have the same reservations as others as to whether or not he would follow through. As pointed out above, he has been a lifelong liberal and a good friend of the Clintons.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Big surprise: The 9th Circus rules in favor of the Soviet.

It's what these clowns do, time after time. Nikita Khrushchev would be amazed at how much of the USA has been taken over my commies with even being invaded.

We don't need a wall; we need two. One to keep out the illegal immigrants and one to separate us from the Left Coast and the Northeast Corridor.

Used to be a saying in Texas, the Border Patrol should be on the Red River, not the Rio Grande.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Well, there's a third option, but no one has the courage to go against the two party system and do it, so we're really screwed either way. :(
    Let's not forget that he was also a Democrat not so long ago, and that he has given Democratic Party and the Clinton Foundation millions of dollars in donations.
    Gary Johnson's record is nearly as bad, which is laughable given his affiliations.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If it's not a Federally protected right all the more reason it should be a State protected right. This must be an issue in our next legislative session.

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    The problem is this case was only judged on a narrow aspect: concealed carry. They ruled that the "good cause" requirement of the ccw was not in violation, which I could see (but not agree). The issue is ca doesn't allow open carry, so the only way to carry is concealed and those are nearly impossible to get in populated counties. The panel said they were not asked about open carry, so they didn't have to touch it. It was a cop out to say "you asked about concealed, not bear". This will have to rework through the court. The problem is it took several years already.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    If it's not a Federally protected right all the more reason it should be a State protected right. This must be an issue in our next legislative session.

You mean constitutional carry? Absolutely - hopefully this decision puts that into focus. It seems we had to fight way too hard for licensed open carry.

I would also like to see essentially all the statutory off-limit areas eliminated, particularly the 51% nonsense, which does nothing as the Florida tragedy proves.

And because I beat this horse every time, if we can't prohibit commercial businesses from denying entry by LTC holders, then at least do away with 30.06/30.07 and eliminate criminal trespass for carrying concealed unless you are asked to leave.

Top Bottom