Patriot Mobile

A battle Millennials are losing to Boomers - can you say "OK Boomer" now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The last of the Boomers are hitting 60......

I don't know about other Boomers (I'm about to hit 65), but the last thing I want to do is sign a 30 year mortgage or any long term contract for that matter.........

Home is paid for, it would be foolish to sell and buy another inflated property....
    I'm over 70 now but will be selling my home in TN to return to Texas as soon as my wife retires. Another mortgage is more desirable than remaining in an increasingly hostile environment.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm over 70 now but will be selling my home in TN to return to Texas as soon as my wife retires. Another mortgage is more desirable than remaining in an increasingly hostile environment.

Its a shame how TN is being quickly over run by leftists - Texas is under threat of same - but thankfully it's going to take a lot more lefties to flip Texas than Tennessee

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Seen him a couple of times. Great shows.

It’s all about the robot!

1fc6804030543a45f542f29f8f5b5c36.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX

I had to break out my nanobot scale violin (and nanobots to play it) to play in sympathy with the plight of the Millennials over this.
    Looking at the actual article content, the numbers don't seem wrong but the bias and hatred are apparent. It feels like the article is meant to shame these evil "boomers".
    Just one look at the author (leftist millennial) explains it.

One thing, for example, that the author failed to take into account is the lack of interest of millennials in owning and maintaining a property. Why would they have to be responsible for anything in their life, including a house?
    Point in case: I used to have a co-worker. Millennial up the wazoo, brand new crApple products every month, very image oriented and also very very lazy. Lived paycheck to paycheck even though he made great money. And lived in an apartment. Did not want to live in a house because he did not want to "deal with" things like grass, maintenance etc. He loved his apartment because it was next to Starbucks, taco truck and other convenient things.
    So the thought of house sales for 18-39 y/os being 13% lower than previous decade actually sounds absolutely normal to me, if not even higher than expected.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Some food for thought. Our 27 y/o daughter has been lamenting that while she wants to buy a house, she just doesn’t see it being in her future. Her position is that she doesn’t want a starter home and wants to live in a trendy area in/near downtown Austin. Below is a screenshot of one she sent us recently as an example.

3f1540b954877f34e75cbe90ecc9c988.jpg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    We had “millennial training” at a company I once worked for.

The trainer brought up a bunch of news articles from the last 100 or so years.

And he pulled examples from each era, with older people lamenting about lazy young people etc.

We were unable to distinguish the older articles, from newer articles.

It was pretty revealing…these arguments have been going on forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Some food for thought. Our 27 y/o daughter has been lamenting that while she wants to buy a house, she just doesn’t see it being in her future. Her position is that she doesn’t want a starter home and wants to live in a trendy area in/near downtown Austin. Below is a screenshot of one she sent us recently as an example.

3f1540b954877f34e75cbe90ecc9c988.jpg

$800K for that? lol wut

Pray tell what was your response?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

That would be akin to living in an apartment........I'd rather live in the country......in a tent......

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    My wife and I purchased out home in 12/2020, it's already appreciated about 30% in less than a year!
    I work in Real Estate professionally, the market in almost the entire country is insane right now - and in the Houston area they don't expect current demand to be met for 5+ years!
    I'm trying to find land to develop, and get investors.

Eli

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    My wife and I purchased out home in 12/2020, it's already appreciated about 30% in less than a year!
    I work in Real Estate professionally, the market in almost the entire country is insane right now - and in the Houston area they don't expect current demand to be met for 5+ years!
    I'm trying to find land to develop, and get investors.

Eli

What is surprising to me is that a few of the homes in our neighborhood that have been for sale of late sold for *less* than list price, and there's a brand new home that just finished construction about a month and a half ago that has yet to sell. Sign's been up for weeks. Neighbors are all in agreement, it's way too high for what it is, but I think 6-12 months ago it would've gone within the week. The home & lot meet the minimum for the HOA - 1000 sq feet on 1/4 acre. List is $275. Another developer bought a property and subdivided it last year - put two homes up. The bigger home listed at $215, and IIRC sold at $250. That house is I think 2000 sq feet on the 1/4 tract, and its right across the street from one of our ponds so it has a better view. The $275 home is a corner lot with a view of the neighbor's driveway right across from them, and sits 1/8th of a mile off the highway, so it'll have a lot more constant road noise.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    "Millennial homebuyers have been struggling with the financial fallout from the Great Recession"

Umm boomers didn't 'skip over' that, affected pretty much everyone.

Ended up selling my bar due to it, was a good thing in the end.

I think it probably is better said by saying that people with liquid capital generally prosper during recessions and depressions. People, on average, gain wealth until their mid 60’s to 70’s. There is a lot More wealth in Boomer hands than Millennials. That just is, and housing is a tough market right now.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom