• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    During the recent inventory I did for the sale of my entire junk collection I found this box in the very back of cabinet number one. I had not looked at it in quite some time. It was covered up under some drop pads.
    NOT a real big deal, just a cute little revolver. I do not remember where or when I got it.
    A Remington-Beals Third Model Pocket Revolver, Cased with all of the Accessories including an original full container of Colt's percussion caps. Factory Pearl grips numbered to the gun.
    DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0059.jpg
    DSC_0061.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm really starting to hate you. Jealousy does nasty things to a man

You have the best stuff.

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    During the recent inventory I did for the sale of my entire junk collection I found this box in the very back of cabinet number one. I had not looked at it in quite some time. It was covered up under some drop pads.
    NOT a real big deal, just a cute little revolver. I do not remember where or when I got it.
    A Remington-Beals Third Model Pocket Revolver, Cased with all of the Accessories including an original full container of Colt's percussion caps. Factory Pearl grips numbered to the gun. View attachment 260995 View attachment 260997 View attachment 260998 View attachment 260999 View attachment 261000 View attachment 261001
    Gentlemen,
    I have had to add a couple better photos to this group of the case and gun together. The ones I had were really bad. Better resolution so you can zoom in if you want.
    DSC_0706-a.jpg
    DSC_0708-a.jpg

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    John, I think we have all adopted you, since you have become the favorite uncle to all of us, with your facts and stories.

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I was actually hoping he would adopt me.
    I do not have any children (that I know of) and the young nieces, nephews and cousins don't want much to do with me. I rarely get invited to family functions and holiday gatherings. If I just show up they let me sit in a corner.... I just sit there and smile.
    I can be rather grumpy. I was told once by a Judge that I was "obstreperous" so I thanked him.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I do not have any children (that I know of) and the young nieces, nephews and cousins don't want much to do with me. I rarely get invited to family functions and holiday gatherings. If I just show up they let me sit in a corner.... I just sit there and smile.
    I can be rather grumpy. I was told once by a Judge that I was "obstreperous" so I thanked him.
    Well, I wouldn't want much, just your collection.

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Well, I wouldn't want much, just your collection.
    I understand all too well. I have three nephews (Hewie, Louie and Dewie) that are all concerned about what will happen to my collection when I go. The never talk to me unless they want something like one of their kids b-day or graduation. They like guns but only the latest in Black Plastic. They are ONLY interested in what they will bring in dollars. That is a BIG OOPS! every one will be sold according to my Revocable Trust. They may or may not receive a memento. Many will be donated to Museum Collections in my name. Other than that it is my decision. Until then the collection will grow. My wife will be a quite wealthy widow. Actually I am worth more to her then than now. My first wife tried to capitalize on that but I survived after a stint in Intensive Care.

Top Bottom