• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    NW Houston
    So here we are in another Texas summer. How do you deal with the heat in your reloading operation? Do you perform some tasks, like hand priming, inside the house? Got a/c in your workshop? Or just deal with the heat and reload in your underwear?

Rusty Gun

brass picker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Gulf coast
    I am At the bench before 6am with a fan setting outside pushing cooler air into the shop door. Had to make a “shelter” covering three sides of the digital scale to get accurate readings. Usually make 200-300 rounds and shut it down before 7:30 when it starts to get to hot for old fat guys.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I run a room air conditioner.

I put a hole in the wall for the exhaust air, and ran a pipe outside for the condensate and that's it. Adds about $40-50 a month in the summer to the electric bill, keeping the room at 70 degrees 24/7.

I bought 2 of this exact unit off of craigslist for $100, total. 2 is 1 and 1 is none...

Which is good, because wednesday evening my wife said she heard something in the garage... the first unit's squirrel cage blower grenaded itself... so now I'm down to 1. Time to find another backup.
    F24D5FDB-3AFB-4A6B-AE2B-05E1544A934B.jpeg

Attachments

• F24D5FDB-3AFB-4A6B-AE2B-05E1544A934B.jpeg
      F24D5FDB-3AFB-4A6B-AE2B-05E1544A934B.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 840

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I put an A/c in my shed a few years ago. Have to turn it off to use the scale but that don't take long. 78 is alot better than 98F... Also has a heater in it but I've only tested it one time, it works.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    And all components are in air conditioned/heated part of the house too. I tried working in the garage years ago but my wife forced me (ha) to move into the house and made room for a reloading setup. The treadmill folds up.
    IMG_2438.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2438.JPG
      IMG_2438.JPG
      446.5 KB · Views: 842

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Garage door open and big tower fans blowing (except when using the scale).

Yeah it's hot, but I endure.

Thinking about building a small bench in my office and moving in there. Depriming creates a lot of debris though so I may keep a single stage in the garage for size/deprime.

I store powder and primers in the house.

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    I will have a 13x7 room under my stairs with a bookcase door opening that I keep my safe in with a workbench to work on my guns. It’s got two ac vents in it and a 3x3 closet to store ammo and spare parts. House should be done in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    My window unit is high, like almost ceiling height, to prevent crackheads from boosting it and gaining entry but I need a stepladder to view the settings on it!

I guess now that I’ve decided to leave it on I can just set it and forget it!

Top Bottom