• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You know how it goes as a guy. The wife ask what you want for Christmas and you start telling her about a new IWB, right side, 10 degree cant holster and her eyes glaze over like yours do when you walk in and she has another Hallmark movie on.
    So we..or at least I, get to order my own gifts If I want it done right...lol
    Yesterday I picked up a couple of new holsters online with early BF sales.
    I wanted a Vedder for OWB, but went to Upper hand. I want a deeper ride on a hip holster. I got this one for my Glock 19X and I got a We The People IWB in the carbon fiber look, for the same gun.

Merry Christmas to me

C60F242F-4DCE-4A44-AF58-83BCF71AB269.jpeg
    8B0F39F7-D532-4BB6-88F5-9832758BCE6E.jpeg
    Military Camp

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    You know how it goes as a guy. The wife ask what you want for Christmas and you start telling her about a new IWB, right side, 10 degree cant holster and her eyes glaze over like yours do when you walk in and she has another Hallmark movie on.
    So we..or at least I, get to order my own gifts If I want it done right...lol
    Yesterday I picked up a couple of new holsters online with early BF sales.
    I wanted a Vedder for OWB, but went to Upper hand. I want a deeper ride on a hip holster. I got this one for my Glock 19X and I got a We The People IWB in the carbon fiber look, for the same gun.

Merry Christmas to me

View attachment 235203 View attachment 235204
    That’s the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Nice. I'm not a plastic owner (guns or holsters) but those look very well made. Years ago I reverted back to steel and leather.

I don't mind leather for OWB holsters, but I will never own another leather IWB holster. I came close to having an AD while trying to reholster before I came to the conclusion you cannot safely reholster without taking the holster off.

The leather compresses between your body and belt and it's hard to draw the weapon.. just my opinion

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The leather compresses between your body and belt and it's hard to draw the weapon.. just my opinion

Well..........the really good (read expensive) one's don't. I have Milt Sparks' VM2s for all my carry guns and never had any issues.
    I know some guys who swear by Kramer's too.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Too bad Stelzigs in Houston is gone. The did fine, quality, leatherwork. We have my dads' 1911 holster. Leather with the steel "C" to retain the firearm. The holster is over 50 years old and works as well now as it did when my dad got it in the late 60s. If you can find examples of their work for sale, they go for a premium and, as I said, for good reason.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Too bad Stelzigs in Houston is gone. The did fine, quality, leatherwork. We have my dads' 1911 holster. Leather with the steel "C" to retain the firearm. The holster is over 50 years old and works as well now as it did when my dad got it in the late 60s. If you can find examples of their work for sale, they go for a premium and, as I said, for good reason.
    That's a shame. Good leather craftsmen are getting harder to find!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Vmax,

Beautiful holsters!

Now, I have holster envy.

As to gift giving - we do the same, that is, no more guessing what the other wants.

Just buy it for yourself, whatever it may be and whenever you want it.

No guess work required...

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Vmax, thanks for the tip on the Upper Hand Holsters. I just ordered a couple of them. With the extra 15% off on the basic black OWB, that’s a really good deal.

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    R.Grizzle leather IWB is G2G.

Any word on Tucker Gunleather?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    R.Grizzle leather IWB is G2G.

Any word on Tucker Gunleather?

Tucker is supposed to be first class. Top quality fit, finish and functionality.

I’ve been jonesin’ for one of their holsters, but haven’t ordered it yet.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Hey vmax, I got my Upper Hand OWB holsters in the other day and I have to say that I REALLY like them. One is for a Glock 19 and the other is for my Sig P365.

I got the black OWB with the speed clips. They are very comfortable, easy to put on and hold the gun very securely. I think the one for my P365 will be my EDC holster.

So, thanks for the heads up on these holsters. With the 15% Black Friday discount, it was a good deal for sure.

Top Bottom