Join TexasGunTalk

A dangerous concept !

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by leVieux, Sep 29, 2013.

1. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    I repeatedly hear this from those new to CHL's & legal C.C.: "I'll carry ONLY when I need to !" While this may be an understandable sentiment, it is extremely naïve and dangerous. Try applying this to other of life's "safety systems": "I'll only wear my seat belt (life preserver) when I need to." Or, "We'll only have our Fire Department on-duty when we need to." Our publications are replete with sad, sad stories of "IF ONLY I had had a gun!" So, don't let this be you. Carry whenever you legally and practically can. Please ! . . . . . . . . . . . . ?Comments ?

2. AngeliaH

AngeliaH Life's Peachy TGT Supporter

Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    My question would be "define need to? ".
    How can you know? I carry when ever legaly possible to do so. I don't want "if only she had had her gun" to be my legacy.

3. CZ guy

CZ guy Active Member

May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I actually heard that the other day, almost verbatim. So, I pulled out a ten dollar bill and handed to the guy and asked him to buy me some lotto tickets. He looked at me like I was crazy. I told him if he could foresee future 'life and death' issues, picking a few numbers should be a breeze!

4. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Good comeback.

If you can predict the future like that then why carry a handgun? A shotgun or rifle is a much better choice.

5. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    i am still getting in the habit carrying. I cant carry at work, a hospital, so i have to make a consciences effort, but it getting easier,

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  6. bcannon87

bcannon87 Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    To me every legal opportunity to carry is a "need to." Old adage sticks true here: "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"

7. bcannon87

bcannon87 Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Just curious does the hospital have the correct signage as prescribed here:
    PC §30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:
    (1) carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, on property of another without effective consent;
    and (2) received notice that:
    (A) entry on t he property by a l icense holder with a concealed
    handgun was forbidden; or
    (B) remaining on t he property with a concealed handgun was
    forbidden and failed to depart.
    (b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner
    of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.
    (c) In this section:
    (1) “Entry” has the meaning assigned by Section 30.05(b).
    (2) “License holder” has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035(f). (3) “Written communication” means:
    (A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: “Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a c oncealed handgun”; or
    (B) a sign posted on the property that:
    (i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both
    English and Spanish;
    (ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one
    inch in height; and
    public. (iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

if it does not than you are legal to carry in the hospital:

(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

Hospitals are subsection (b)(4).

8. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    yes they do, also its our company policy,that we cant carry.i don't work directly for the hospital, we have a contract with it. so it stays in my truck til after work

9. bcannon87

bcannon87 Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    10-4. My company sucks like that as well!

10. kusai

kusai Well-Known

Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Carry everywhere and avoid 30-06 posted places.