• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reelthrill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Round Rock
    I went this past weekend to the deer lease to top off feeders, adjust timers to 6 seconds, inspect all the blinds. Here are some pics I thought were interesting from one of the cameras I have been able to get to. WGI_0541.jpg WGI_0234.jpg WGI_0102.jpg WGI_0228.jpg WGI_0100.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Reelthrill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Round Rock
    Yes, I am fortunate to be on a lease about 15 miles outside of Uvalde that is full of wildlife. I have seen badgers as well, the requisite birds(dove), rabbits snakes that just go with the territory. We used to have quail, but not anymore. I think the droughts forced too much predation on them. I found a pic a few minutes ago of a gobbler with his neck all red flush. A basket 8 pointer. Another pic with 4 8 points in it and definitely some culls. I will post more up after work later. I have 2 blinds and my buddy has 2 blinds, we split the feed costs and share between our 4 total spots.

I will plan to go out and thin some pigs out in 2 weeks as they are coming in at all times of the day. Will setup the trap as well as put a green light on 2 of the feeders to go out at night.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Looks like a cougar or mountain lion in one of those pics.

When I lived in OK, we had a cougar visit our pond regularly to prey on geese, ducks, coons, beavers, bob-cats,and anything other he could grab. Saw him dive into the pond to score a meal.

He never bothered my German Shepherd. But we kept our cats inside.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That is a Bobcat or Lynx.

I wish I could find one of those on my lease..

Looks more like big feral house cat to me. Seems like too much tail for a bobcat.

edit to say daytime picture of bobcat just loaded. Very slow wifi in Arabian Sea.

Last edited:

Reelthrill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Round Rock
    Here are some more pics. From my buddys cam. Not to pick on him, he is older and somewhat technologically challenged. He took some of his pics with his phone on the computer and sent them to me. Not the best, but I will get better ones when I go back out in a few weeks. We need to clear some of these pigs. photo 5.jpg photo 4.JPG photo 3.jpg photo 2.jpg

Top Bottom