• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I have been reloading handgun ammo for quite some time, but have a couple questions I have just never asked...

1. is it ok to reuse bullets that you had to pull for one reason or another?
    2. is there a safe way to decap brass with a live primer if you need to resize the brass further? ( have a lot of rounds that didn't resize right and need to be put through a case pro)

Thanks for the help.
    ARJ Defense ad

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Yes, it's okay to reuse a pulled bullet.
    Yes, you can decap a live primer, just do it slowly, wear saftey glasses and you may want to wrap a towel or something around the press. I've done it more times than I can count and have never had one go off. It takes a real sharp blow to get a primer to go off. I do mark the ones that I've decapped with a black marker just to keep track of them, but again, they all worked the second time around.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    I should have mentioned, if possible, you could remove the decapping pin from your sizing die in the press. That way, you could run them through again and resize them without having to decap the primers. If these are rifle cartridges, but sure and leave the expander ball on the stem and just remove the decapping pin.

Top Bottom