• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin

By September 2014, there will be every flavor of .22 LR on shelves for prices equivalent or less than December 2012.
    That would be nice; but I'm feeling 5 cents a round will become the new 'standard' for decent 22lr. A shade less than that for bulk; but I would be very surprised to see three cents a round(delivered, especially) except in truly rare cases(if ever).

Of course, a lot depends on the manufacturers...I would think they could hold slightly higher prices for a year or more and not lose any business(especially the big guys). Plenty of shooters look at a four or five cent round as cheap plinkin', even though its 33-66% more than the 'baseline' just a couple of years ago. Naturally, the retailer has the choice to make some money on 22 or keep the same margins they had in the past. We shall see how price sensitive the shooters are when and if the supply catches up. Stay tuned!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My neck beard out of spec?

I stop by a walsmart and an Academy sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evenings. Never have cheap 9mm or bulk 22LR. Im talking 6-12 months

Lucas Mccain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    Trophy Club Texas
    Midway USA sent me a 500-round "Brick" of Norma .22 LR delivered yesterday for 1/2 of the gun show or Gun Broker price yesterday.

Today, I ordered another 500 rounds of CCI Standard Velocity from Palmetto State Armory at the same price Gander Mountain would command for a year long out-of-stock item. Shipping was less than what I would have paid in fuel to drive to the store across town.

This mess will all pass over when people can get ammo cheaper on-line than from local flippers.

By September 2014, there will be every flavor of .22 LR on shelves for prices equivalent or less than December 2012.

I bought some CCI from PSA too. Have you gotten a confirmation yet? I haven't recevied anything yet and my order still says processing on their website.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Bought 2175 rounds between Academy, Walmart and Cabela's in the last three days. I spent Tuesday and today at the range shooting 1900 rounds of it.
    Again, it is out there. If you want to shoot it you have to beat the neckbeards at their own game.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Went shooting today.
    When firing the 22LR ammo there was an audience.
    I've seen sharks in feeding frenzy mode that looked less hungry. :roflfunny:

Top Bottom