• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Since I have been home this hitch I have shot almost 2,000 rounds of .22 lr. In the same three week period I have bought, off the shelves of Academy, Cabela's, and even Walmart over 4,000 rounds of .22 lr.
    The point is, it is out there. If you want it, you do have to be at the afore named places within a half hour of them opening, and sometimes move faster than the retirees and neckbeards that are there every single morning purchasing for resale.

Cabela's this Saturday morning had at least 40 bricks.

Again, if you want it, it is there. Happy hunting all.
    Capitol Armory ad

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    The point is, it is out there. If you want it, you do have to be at the afore named places within a half hour of them opening, and sometimes move faster than the retirees and neckbeards that are there every single morning purchasing for resale.

Problem is that many of us are either at work, or on our way to work, before these stores even open. Those that you mentioned tend to usually not have to go to work and thus are able to stake out multiple locations and buy it all up.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Walmart here put ammo out at 2:00 pm today. (Sunday) Ha ha!
    I think the retailers are tired of neckbeards. Momma bought groceries, I watched the clerk open all the cases to see what they had.
    3 people total just standing and watching. I got 1 bulk box of .22, just cuz it was there.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have gotten ammo on every day that ends with a "y". If you are working seven days a week for the last 70+ weeks, then I feel for you.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I have plenty of .22 ammo as well, but I buy match grade which normally carries a higher price point, and thus is more available. Plinker ammo that it seems everyone covets (555 rounds for what should be $20 or so) is what it hard to come by because of the flippers. This will eventually go away. In six months? in a year? in two years? I don't know. But as long as some ass hole doesn't go shooting up school children or some such, the ammo deal will end. Keep the faith and don't buy from the flippers.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Since I have been home this hitch I have shot almost 2,000 rounds of .22 lr. In the same three week period I have bought, off the shelves of Academy, Cabela's, and even Walmart over 4,000 rounds of .22 lr.

Hey! I resemble that remark, as I am a retiree (with a shaved neck). I don't resell, but do donate plenty to worthy causes.

Just bought the two-month old grandson a Cricket, and now I am putting ammo away for him.

I have found less than one thousand rounds at Academy, Walmart, and Academy this year, since I would rather watch the morning news and drink copious amounts of coffee and smoke a pack of cigarettes before 8:00 a.m.

I have scored big buying on-line, and the shipping beats the cost of gasoline.

Average cost (including shipping and no tax) worked out to about $.09 cents per round.

I can live with that, since I don't know what the future will hold.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I have gotten ammo on every day that ends with a "y". If you are working seven days a week for the last 70+ weeks, then I feel for you.

I've gotten ammo, and the more recently, the more easier/plentiful it has become, but 22 is still hard to come by. I don't have the luxury of spending all my non-working time stalking the various ammo counters for it. In the past year and a half (roughly) I've gotten only a couple bricks of 22 because I happened to be at the right place at the right time. The only time I've seen 22 "plentiful" is at gun shows for 4-5 times retail price, or recently, Academy had a whole stack of 50 round boxes for $6 each! I can go at almost any time and buy any other caliber whenever and wherever I want. 22, however, is still elusive.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I've been able to score some limited amounts of 22lr lately.
    Mostly at Academy. WalMart once in a blue moon.
    9mm has been really scarce around here for several months. For a while it was around but has evaporated again.
    The gunshow neckbeards are retarded as hell. If you pay $70 for a 525 pack you are a nit wit.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The gunshow neckbeards are retarded as hell. If you pay $70 for a 525 pack you are a nit wit.

It's not just them. A LGS had 333 rd bricks for $80 last week while I was shopping for a new 22 pistol. I told him if those were his prices, I'd go shop at Academy. He said good luck finding it in stock.

Well, I found the pistol in stock and 50 rd boxes of thunderbolt in stock for 2.29 as well. 3 box limit, but that's 150 rounds at 4.5¢ (1 dud out of 150 rds)

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas

Being old and slow----what's a neckbeard?

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Neckbeard:
    yzu2yny8.jpg

6y7aqu2e.jpg

Neckbeard in his native habitat:

ruvemaju.jpg

Last edited:

Lucas Mccain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    Trophy Club Texas
    I just got 3 bricks of Match .22 from Midway for $150 shipped. Thats actually good because before the drought it not much less. I ended up with Aquila match rifle, Aguila match pistol and Norma match USA. There's a code I used that I was emailed to save $30 off the whole purchase.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    "neckbeard" seems to be a "go word" with a few on this forum - stupid, isn't it (rhetorical)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's not just them. A LGS had 333 rd bricks for $80 last week while I was shopping for a new 22 pistol. I told him if those were his prices, I'd go shop at Academy. He said good luck finding it in stock.

Well, I found the pistol in stock and 50 rd boxes of thunderbolt in stock for 2.29 as well. 3 box limit, but that's 150 rounds at 4.5¢ (1 dud out of 150 rds)

There is one particular LGS in Corsicana that was sending employees to buy out Gander Mountain and reselling at a ridiculous markup.

I won't set foot in that store ever again.

ervdrvr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Harker Heights
    Lincoln??....really????.......wow......
    Urban Dictionary:
    neckbeard
    1. (n) Facial hair that does not exist on the face, but instead on the neck. Almost never well groomed.

2. (n) Derogatory term for slovenly nerdy people who have no sense of hygene or grooming. Often related to hobbies such as card gaming, video gaming, anime, et. al.

Pretty sure #2 is the correct answer......Not Lincoln

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    I bought three bricks (333 rd) at a walmart in Lindale on Monday. They got 10 bricks in on the truck and there were 4 left when I left. Asked the lady if I took them out to the truck and came back in would she sell me three more---she just laughed and said no---send my wife back in (wasn't with me). They were $17.xx a brick.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Midway USA sent me a 500-round "Brick" of Norma .22 LR delivered yesterday for 1/2 of the gun show or Gun Broker price yesterday.

Today, I ordered another 500 rounds of CCI Standard Velocity from Palmetto State Armory at the same price Gander Mountain would command for a year long out-of-stock item. Shipping was less than what I would have paid in fuel to drive to the store across town.

This mess will all pass over when people can get ammo cheaper on-line than from local flippers.

By September 2014, there will be every flavor of .22 LR on shelves for prices equivalent or less than December 2012.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom