• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I was fishing my neighborhood pond & caught a carp on a road runner fishing for crappie. I will admit that I sight casted to him. He was eating grass against the shore line & I dropped it on his nose... & he bit. It was almost like sight casting to red fish. 20181225_170219.jpg
    20181225_170301.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• 20181225_170219.jpg
      20181225_170219.jpg
      726.7 KB · Views: 238
    • 20181225_170301.jpg
      20181225_170301.jpg
      599.9 KB · Views: 157

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    It's a bit cool this morning to be out in short sleeves!

Good catch. I need a couple of grass- eating carp in one of my ponds that is filled with coontail moss!

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    I have caught carp before on artificial baits. While carp aren't aggressive feeders, lures to them is still food and will suck em up. All the carp I have caught have been on small headless grubs, since they just float, suspend or sink very slowly.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I have caught carp before on artificial baits. While carp aren't aggressive feeders, lures to them is still food and will suck em up. All the carp I have caught have been on small headless grubs, since they just float, suspend or sink very slowly.
    With my kids I'll get some dry dog food & throw it a few feet from the bank...wait a few minutes & you can usually see them swirling & mudding up. Then we just drop some bread squished around a circle hook on there nose. A second later you see your line move sideways & you come tight with your rod tip...fish on!

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Well if had someone else to take my pics while fishing that would look better than the selfie shots. As far as going with guides...I've never hired one. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to fishing.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Well if had someone else to take my pics while fishing that would look better than the selfie shots. As far as going with guides...I've never hired one. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to fishing.

You should try it sometime. Especially for stripers. Captain Dan on Lake Whitney is fun to fish with. All the gear, on the spots, cleans and bags the fish. Its a fun trip.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    You should try it sometime. Especially for stripers. Captain Dan on Lake Whitney is fun to fish with. All the gear, on the spots, cleans and bags the fish. Its a fun trip.

Fishing for something I've never fished for in a body of water I've never fished..probably worth it... Peacocks Or Roosters in South America I'm probably hire a guide. Fresh or salt H20 in the USA I'm try to figure it out myself...Its just more gratifying for myself.

Kind of like fishing with bait vs fishing lures. Anyone can feed them, a real angler tricks them :green:

If I can trick a carp into eating a roadrunner I think ill be alright.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    BTW, my wife caught a 8 lb carp on a white plastic grub, 4 lb test about 10 years ago. She played him for about 20 minutes before I could land him for her.

Top Bottom