• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Are there any good places to take kids for their first outing within a couple hour drive of the woodlands? I know there are alot of ranges, but I'd kind of prefer somewhere that's a bit more isolated with less people around for their first time out. Somewhere that when we talk to them they'll be able to hear us without having to worry about someone else shooting to distract them ("Ooooh, what's that?","It's an AR", "Can we get one of those?", "Ask your mother"...lol). My first experience shooting was in Commiefornia out in the hills with no one around and it was nice, so I'm hoping to find something similar. If not, there's a local outdoor range that says they're usually slow on weekdays, but I figured I'd ask here first.
    Hurley's Gold

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I used to go the the Sam Houston National Forest a long time ago, when ever I wanted to take my older kids plinking. The only problem is that it may not be allowed any more, but it's worth looking into.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The only places I know of close to you/me are Carters Country & Shiloh.
    I realize this probably does not help any....only other option would be finding a land owner that would let you use their property.

Maybe somebody with land will chime in (waiting hopefully, lol).

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    My family has land out near Brenham. We go out there to shoot now and then, and I've been known to take families out there to introduce them to various weapons, and do some shooting that we can't do at the range. If you're willing to cover the ammo, I'd be happy to put together a little outting.

PM me.

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    If you where in North Texas I could help you. I have land in Farmersville. I also go to APG range in Caddo off of Hwy 380. Its a great range that's mainly used by LEO and military.

Top Bottom